Cobalt.io PtaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of pentesters delivers real-time insights to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely
Who We Are
Cobalt provides the world’s largest pentesting platform, delivering thousands of pentests per year. Cobalt’s Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform is modernizing traditional pentesting. By combining a SaaS platform with an exclusive community of testers, we deliver the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We see the Pentest as a Service model as a first step in our vision to create a new interface to the security workforce. We have seen tremendous traction over the years and today we have 1000+ customers on Cobalt’s platform, ranging in size from Fortune 50 companies to emerging tech start-ups.
We are remote-first with local hubs in Austin, Boston, Berlin, and San Francisco. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We have secured more than $50M in funding from a variety of top flight investors, led by Highland Europe. We are using our funding to expand global usage and continue development of the Cobalt platform, which pioneered the Penetration test as a Service (PtaaS) model.
We are looking for a passionate, driven, self starter to join our team as a Senior Security Consultant. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Professional Services, you will be responsible for designing and delivering consultative services to enrich the value offered by Cobalt to its customers. You must be currently located in the United States!
What You’ll Do
- Conduct penetration testing engagements including, but not limited to: IoT, Red Team, Phishing, Wireless, Physical, and Code Review assessments.
- Meet with customers and pentesters to determine potential service offerings
- Work to design offerings that enhance the value of Cobalt without diverging from our core mission
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with customers
- Develop, prepare, and nurture customers for advocacy
- Train and prepare the sales and CS teams on service offerings
- Attend and speak at industry events
- Work with customers to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their goals
- Manage a book of business and ensure continued quarter over quarter growth
- Interface with internal and external C-level executives
- Currently located in the United States
- 5+ years of penetration testing or relevant experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset; you are able to build a business or portfolio through creating strong relationships and partnerships
- Multi-tasking skills and the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities on-the-fly
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience presenting or speaking at security events
- Prior experience working in a very detail-oriented and analytical environment
- Prior experience closing sales deals and speaking with C-level executives
- Drive, no one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are
- Eagerness to learn, adapt, and perfect your work; you seek out help and put it to good use
- A strong desire to help and serve our customers: They win, so you win
- Willingness to travel 25%+ as required to serve customers
Bonus If You Have
- IoT, Red Team, Phishing, Wireless Testing, and Physical Assessment experience.
- Experience building service offerings
- Sales or customer success management experience
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter’s contribution to our mission — let’s make security dance!
Please apply even if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary