Booster mobile fuel delivery makes fueling effortless, efficient, and guilt-free for our customers.
At Booster we’re on a mission to accelerate the transition to clean, environmentally friendly, cost effective energy by creating the first fuel agnostic energy supply chain. We believe the adoption of alternative energies is slow because of access and we’ve begun to change that with our disruptive new supply platform. By delivering the right fuel to the right vehicle at the right time we create efficiency across the entire energy process. We’ve successfully applied this model to fossil fuels reducing carbon emissions by 1.1 lbs of CO₂ emissions with each delivery. Bio and alternative fuels are next. We’re the catalyst to better energy for you, your community and our planet.
About the Role
As a Mid Market Account Manager, you will be responsible for a portfolio of Mid-Market Customer Partnerships. You will own the end-to-end success for your customers, from site level execution and service excellence to long-term growth and expansion strategy. You will work closely with cross-discipline teams (Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Policy, Operations, and Data Science) to drive day-to-day execution, retention, growth, financial targets, and product innovation for your customer portfolio.
In addition to business goals, you will manage and deepen strategic customer relationships by being a solution oriented and consultative partner as the expert in Booster, your customers’ business, and the rapidly evolving industry around energy solutions. You will partner with your customers by delivering innovative solutions, uncovering unique and actionable insights on the industry and trends we’re seeing, and carving out a strategic growth path that creates a mutually beneficial outcome for both Booster and our partners.
Location: We know not everyone wants to be in an office setting five days a week. At Booster we want to promote flexibility in our workforce, that’s why we’re open to welcoming applicants from across the U.S., especially those local to one of our hubs!
Key Objectives of this Job Include:
- Grow Booster’s revenue, mindshare, and share of wallet with Mid-Market Customers.
- Understand customer business requirements and deliver Booster solutions that are applicable.
- Be a trusted advisor to your customers on rapidly evolving energy solutions and technology.
- Deliver portfolio excellence by driving expansion, obsessing over service excellence/delivery, optimizing for operational efficiency, and partnering with key internal teams to unlock opportunities.
- Establish customers as reference accounts and/or partners for PR and marketing.
- Manage a portfolio of mid-market customers that are using Booster fleet products
- Successfully grow your portfolio revenue and profitability through retention, expansion, up-selling, and strategic initiatives
- Manage varying stages of partnerships, from pilot/new partnership to mature relationships and ensure successful delivery of customer expectations in all stages of the customer lifecycle
- Own site level excellence/execution/relationships as well as corporate level strategies
- Renegotiate terms of service when necessary that results in meeting Booster profitability goals
- Develop and maintain multi-year strategic account plans for your portfolio
- Think like a business owner; manage your portfolio with growth, customer obsession, and profitability as your main guiding principles
- Listen actively during conversations for sales opportunities and customer needs, then prioritize and collaborate internally to drive solutions for these opportunities that have the greatest impact for your partners and Booster.
- Create and deliver client-focused presentations that address customer objectives, generate two-way dialogue, and drive strategic initiatives forward
- Identify and source stakeholders and decision-makers among our mid-market customers to further deepen the partnership between them and Booster
- Continually strategize with your mid-market partners on Booster vision and roadmap to identify opportunities to co-innovate, pilot new offerings, or collaborate on join press releases
- Represent the voice of your customers to ensure Booster is delivering strong value to your portfolio and we are prioritizing the roadmap to balance excellent customer experience and Booster growth opportunities
- BA/BS Degree at minimum
- 4+ years of account management or business development experience in a quota carrying role
- Consistent track record of on-boarding, retaining, and growing customers and consistently meeting growth targets/quota
- Passion for growth and innovation; you are energized at finding creative and innovative solutions with your customers that generate substantial revenue growth for the business
- Exceptional data management skills; experience using Excel/data to drive strategic decision making and generates compelling business cases that advance your portfolio
- Experience with companies that deliver products / services in the “physical” world including services that are operationally intensive
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to coordinate with executive sponsors internally and externally to support growth initiatives
- Strong instinct for translating customer voice to product development needs; track record of partnering with product organizations to develop and prioritize customer impacting roadmaps
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Displays focus and patience in the midst of ambiguity resulting from change
- Experience with a marketplace business model is a plus
About Our Benefits
- Keep Everyone Healthy. We know that you work to take care of your loved ones. That’s why we offer benefits that cover you and your family including 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage.
- Recharge Your Batteries. We have unlimited responsible PTO. Take the quality time you need, when you need it. Take care of personal stuff. Stop and smell the roses. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Be Part of Something. Not only will you get to build something that could redefine consumer behavior, you’ll be an owner. Get Early Stock Options at a fast-growing startup with strong VC backing.
Some Background on Us!
Booster continues to win awards: Forbes Top Startup Employers 2021, PRWeek’s 2021 Hall of Femme, SVBJ’s 2020 40 Under 40, Business Intelligence Group’s 2019 Sustainability Service of the Year, and Women in Trucking’s 2019 Top Companies for Women to Work for in Transportation.
Individuals seeking employment at Booster are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Booster does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Booster doesn’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and won’t pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn’t have a signed agreement with Booster.