GitLab is one of the world’s largest all-remote companies. Our DevOps platform powers 100,000+ organizations.
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Renewals job family delivers to an essential moment in the customer journey, ensuring we can continue to deliver value and business outcomes through customer retention. In collaboration with sales, channel partners, customer success, and sales operations, this team will focus on successfully renewing customer contracts while providing a seamless customer experience.
The Senior Director, Renewals reports to the Vice President of Customer Success.
The Senior Director, Renewals is a grade 11.
- Lead customer retention through proactive planning, management, and execution of the renewals with customers and internal teams
- Develop and communicate the Renewals Team vision and strategy, prioritizing team efforts, initiatives, and OKRs
- Own and drive the renewals process in collaboration with Sales, Customer Success, and channel partners
- Hire, coach, and motivate a global renewals team focused on goal achievement, delivery to KPIs and OKRs, and team member development
- Continuously develop renewals processes, policies, and playbooks to improve renewal predictability, efficiency, and customer satisfaction
- Identify and manage renewal risks and expansion opportunities, maintaining accurate forecast of upcoming renewals
- Drive systems, data, and product improvements to enable successful renewals and predictive visibility of renewals
- Negotiate and execute renewal contracts in alignment with customer goals and partnership from Revenue Operations and Legal
- Be accountable for organizational KPIs, including gross retention, on-time renewals, and customer satisfaction
- Proven track record of successfully delivering to revenue goals for a SaaS or subscription business at scale in a sales and/or renewal leadership role
- Experienced in developing and growing global teams and operations as well as leading teams at scale (i.e., managed teams of over 50 team members)
- Experienced in leading continuous improvement and change management across a broad range of functional stakeholders
- Can successfully deliver to goals, build, and iterate in a fast-paced environment, working with a bias for action
- Is data-drive and is experienced in leading system changes and automation to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Understands both direct and channel go-to-market sales and renewals
- Is a value-led leader who can role model and nurture GitLab’s values
- Ability to use GitLab
The next step for the Renewals job family is not yet defined.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, qualified candidates will be invited to interview with 2 – 4 team members.
- Next, qualified candidates will have a final interview with an executive.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.