UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride – pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life’s best work.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Serve as the operational manager for administrative services for assigned clients
- Serve the products that contributes to the continued growth, profitability and retention of business
- Manage the overall delivery of benefits and services for assigned clients
- Responsible for and ownership of all customer service results
- Leader of the account services across UHC National Accounts on assigned book of business. Provide superior customer service to internal and external customer / partners by meeting and exceeding expectations
- Lead Account Management Team (AMT) calls and initiatives to implement and service the most efficient process possible
- Investigate, analyze, and develop creative solutions to client specific problems related to system, claims, networks, providers, eligibility, ID cards, billing banking, and portal through active cross – functional team participation
- Coordinate all activities for timely implementation of products and services onto United Healthcare systems
- Effectively manage customer accounts
- In conjunction with the Strategic Client Executive (SCE) and the Underwriter, provides effective benefit consultation for plan revisions, managed care strategies, product development, policy and procedure changes, legislative changes (including Health Care Reform) and claim cost control
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of client communications (i.e. correspondence and fulfillment materials, ID cards, etc.)
- Participates and facilitates external client meetings along with the SCE to discuss issue log, open projects and initiatives
- Triage and apply critical thinking skills to troubleshoot client issues providing timely resolution and determining root cause
- Comprehensive working knowledge of specialty company offerings and their integration with core products
- Manages and meets internal metrics and clients goals, measure and report on the quality of service that the business delivers to its clients
- Model UHG’s principles of integrity and compliance, and adhere to our business principles
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a formal education OR High School Diploma / GED (or higher) with 2+ years of equivalent experience
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in negotiation skills for project times lines.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (create, edit, sort, filter spreadsheets and pivot tables)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word (create, edit, save documents)
- Experience within sales team in a support capacity
- Experience with Windows PC as well as Microsoft Outlook (send / receive email, calendar management)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of health industry, products and services, and the managed care environment
- Administrative experience with extensive exposure to benefit administration
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong presentation skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we’re presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn’t imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you’ll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You’ll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you’ll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 – $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 – $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW