wellsfargo Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified community-based financial services company with a vision to satisfy customer’s financial needs and help them succeed financially.
About this role:
The Enterprise Finance function contains the Corporate Controllers division, which includes the Enterprise Controls & Oversight (EC&O) group. The Enterprise COSO testing team is a component of EC&O. Enterprise COSO testing professionals have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial and regulatory reporting infrastructure.
The Enterprise COSO Testing team within EC&O supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry-leading internal control environment and is responsible for the following directives.
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Controls Manager…
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of individual contributor roles dedicated to performing testing and issue monitoring activities covering internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) inclusive of the following:
- Partnering with Business Process Owners/Control Owners and IT to document significant in-scope processes according to Wells Fargo & Company’s COSO policy (both process narratives and process flow diagrams). Assessing the appropriateness and completeness of keys risks and controls;
- Providing guidance and participating in walk-throughs of significant processes;
- Providing guidance and oversight of COSO testing of key controls, including design effectiveness assessments and operating effectiveness testing;
- Reviewing and challenging documentation of control deficiencies, including assessing root cause, unmitigated impact, and the sustainability of corrective actions;
- Analyzing the severity of control deficiencies, and their impact to internal controls over financial reporting;
- Create and deliver reporting on status and internal control related topics to executive leadership
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources
- Mentor and guide the development of direct reports and assist in hiring talent
- Interface with external auditors, regulators, and other stakeholders on internal control matters
- Build relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business and IT functions related to assigned process areas
- Assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders
- Sponsor or lead special projects related to department practices and/or emerging control matters impacting the enterprise
- Act as a change agent for continual improvement of the internal control environment
- 4+ years of Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Reporting or Business and Technology Audit experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Designation
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to present to senior level executives
- Minimum of four years of experience leading teams that perform controls testing at peer-size companies
- Knowledge of Capital Markets, Retail Brokerage, Accounting Operations, Credit Risk or Corporate Treasury
- Practical experience performing controls testing process re-engineering/process improvement
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo; significant experience with continuous improvement of application control testing processes and results
- Strong executive relationship management skills; ability to negotiate difficult positions without harming relationships
- Experience integrating off-shore and/or third party resources into testing organization
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.