At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything they do.
The Managed and Advised Account Operations (MAAO) team performs a variety of functions and services for Advisor Services, Investor Services, and third party and propriety Money Managers enrolled in Schwab’s Managed Account products and the Schwab Private Client offer. MAAO partners with several internal departments as well as Advisors, Money Managers, and the end client. The team is comprised of members located in both Phoenix and Orlando. In MAAO, we provide an extensive training program to prepare you for success in your new role. In addition, we realize that hard work deserves reward and we promote a culture of employee recognition as well as advancement and growth opportunities.
What you are good at
In this role, you will be asked to switch gears throughout the day to assist with meeting critical cut-off times or high volume spikes. Flexibility, attention to detail, and understanding of risk are key aspects of this role and the ideal candidate will need to be equally comfortable with direct client interaction as they receive and make inbound/outbound client service calls, and network internally to research and resolve client operational issues. Functions can vary but key Specialist and Senior Specialist responsibilities include:
- Enrolling and un-enrolling retail accounts into the different advised and managed products
- Processing of various account updates including money movements, and other miscellaneous operations requests for managed accounts
- Providing exceptional client service while acting as an information resource and liaison between internal and external clients, business partners and Money Managers
- Building and sustaining strong relationships with key Schwab business partners
- Managing workload to meet same day service level standard while focusing on accuracy
- Evaluating different security types and how they trade (Equity Based Securities, Mutual Funds, & Fixed Income Products). This includes the ability to interpret trading instructions accurately and promptly
- Manage multiple tasks effectively by balancing high productivity with excellent service quality
What you have
The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated brokerage, back office, or operational experience, coupled with customer service skills and experience. Cross-functional operational knowledge or experience in account opening, processing, or managed accounts is strongly desired. A working knowledge of the Schwab Private Client and Managed Account business at Schwab and the Schwab systems are a plus. Effective problem resolution and relationship management skills and a strong sense of teamwork.
- Series 7 & 63 licenses preferred
- Superior attention to detail; strong sense of risk awareness
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills along with the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple complex processes/projects
- Effective problem resolution and relationship management skills and a strong sense of teamwork
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281 .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.