Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring an Engagement Manager to lead AWS consultants, partner, and client teams. Engagement Managers, manage and deliver AWS cloud products and services that enable our customers to realize their business objectives. These professional services engagements focus on the full platform of AWS customer solutions to help our customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers across all industries. Engagement Managers help Customers make decisions to meet their technical and business objectives by providing best practices, proactively identifying and closing project gaps.
Responsibilities and Abilities include:
EXPERTISE – Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to seek to understand our customer’s needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in delivery and developing valued solutions.
- Experience leveraging formal project management and development methodologies on enterprise level engagements.
- Possesses a deep knowledge of project management best practices and how to apply them in an effective yet pragmatic way across large, complex projects.
- Understanding of technology principles and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms and consumer facing technology.
SOLUTIONS – Lead individuals, teams or multiple groups and play an active role in analyzing project goals, creating a plan to achieve those goals, and then driving the AWS team members, customer stakeholders/SMEs and potentially other third parties to achieve those goals while understanding the client environment and any limitations to execution.
- Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute.
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan with limited guidance.
- Business and financial acumen.
- Business case development.
DELIVERY – Plan, organize, and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals, defining success criteria, project milestones, and budgets.
- Plays an active role in managing project goals and driving teams to achieve customers’ business outcomes by managing issues, risks, decisions, and action items.
- Ability to take ownership, work under pressure and meet deadlines on time.
- Ability to challenge, recommend and redirect teams as well as manage client expectations during the engagement.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments.
COMMUNICATION – Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels.
- Interfaces with various customer and internal AWS stakeholders which consists of senior leadership teams (C-level execs, SVP/VP, Directors) and project level resources such as SMEs.
- Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
- Excellent presentation, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management.
TEAMING – Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, global company environment.
- Team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by the project.
- Proven experience working in a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
- 7+ years experience leading and delivering enterprise-level IT engagements
- 2+ years experience leading multiple Agile teams (e.g. Scrum Masters, Product Owners) concurrently and/or at scale
- 2+ years delivering customer engagements in a professional services role
- Understands the value proposition of the public cloud and has delivered cloud engagements (IaaS, PaaS, Saas)
- Evidence of on-going education through certifications and training
- At least one active project management certification (e.g., APM, CSM, PMI-ACP, PRINCE2)
- AWS experience and certification(s)
- Managed technical projects consisting of 8 or more people totaling over $1,000,000 budget
- Managed and delivered IT engagements for a Fortune 100 company
- Managed engagements using both Waterfall and Agile/Iterative methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM, MBA or Masters in Computer Science
- Presented to C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.) as well as to technical subject matter experts
- Worked with FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) for Salesforce
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.