Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Digital disruption is driving incredible change for AWS customers. The potential of cloud, big data, IOT, artificial intelligence, and many constantly evolving technologies is creating opportunities for customers and those they serve like never before. AWS creates partnership with its customers to harness these capabilities at scale, delivering innovation that transforms operations, anticipates and delivers services to the market, and fosters unmatched customer experiences. We are hiring a Strategic Program Leader (SPL) in our Strategic Accounts business to drive this partnership and evolution of one of our largest customers as they innovate and transform their business. The SPL is the accountable executive leader driving the end-to-end Professional Services business for a large, strategic customer. He/She/They implements the overall professional services vision in partnership with the customer; identifies key opportunities for advancing customer objectives; enables consistent, high-quality, programmatic delivery of customer outcomes through programs consisting of AWS, customer, and 3rd parties; and builds deep relationships across the customer ecosystem.
The successful SPL:
- Drives transformational outcomes through effective leadership across customer units/groups, AWS account teams, AWS product development, and partners. Has excellent executive communication skills.
- Manages large, complex programs of more than 10 concurrent projects and drives consistent year-over-year revenue growth.
- Manages a minimum of $25M of revenue, delivering an expanding portfolio with accelerating growth.
- Is a strong people leader, setting a culture of high performance, managing multiple program/project teams of 25-50 delivery consultants across large organizations.
- Ensures customer satisfaction and obtains public customer references through successful achievement of customer desired outcomes and delivery excellence.
- Employs sophisticated delivery mechanisms to optimize results at scale.
- Orchestrates program and project teams to an aggregated program governance including project delivery, financials and budgeting, quality and risk management, resourcing, and escalation management.
- Leads proactive, value-based communication targeted to all levels of internal and external stakeholders, ensuring alignment and outcomes across the customer enterprises.
- Contributes to the overall strategic business development and growth of the portfolio.
- Is a thought leader in cloud capabilities and digital transformation, drawing on deep industry experience, evangelism, and experimentation to realize impactful change.
AWS Professional Services is a strategic enabler for customer success, helping customers to envision the possible and accelerate new capabilities that bring value to the enterprise. We operate across a broad scope of projects for our customers, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and unrelenting focus on customer success.
50% travel is expected for the role.
• 15+ years experience leading enterprise-level IT consulting projects and programs, including cloud engagements (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
• Management of a P&L of a minimum $25M revenue under management
• Experience with Agile approaches, value, and principles as well as Scrum framework
• Deep understanding of cloud capabilities and the cloud value proposition
• Success managing matrix teams and influencing outside scope of authority
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technology field
• AWS experience and certification(s)
• At least one active project management certification (e.g., APM, CSM, PMI-ACP, PRINCE2)
• Managed and delivered IT engagements for a large enterprise
• MBA or Masters in Computer Science or other technology discipline
The starting range for this position in Colorado is $350,000(hr/yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.