Bloomberg is an information and technology company, building the world’s most trusted information source and community for financial professionals.
The Content Acquisition & Business Management team (CABM) is an integral part of the Global Data department. We lead the governance, costs, and quality of the data we acquire, and we collaborate with the wider company to develop our data acquisition strategies ensuring we are aligning with the agendas of our key partners.
You will be responsible for acquiring and publishing all pricing data, spanning across over the counter (OTC) instruments, commodities, alternative assets and derivatives which makes Bloomberg so powerful. You will manage relationships, acquire data and improve data quality from our data contributors, including Tier 1 sell-side and major regional banks, government agencies, regulators, central banks, industry associations, brokers, and key commercial banks whilst acquiring pricing content from across the Latin America region. You are also expected to establish relationships across different functions with the data contributors listed above – including Senior/Heads of departments spanning across Trading, Sales, Business Managers, E-commerce, Desk Support, and In-house Market Data Specialists.
Last but not least, you will work closely with Bloomberg Sales, Product & Content Specialist, Networks Specialist, Engineering and Data teams to ensure that the pricing is fast, reliable, and accessible across the Bloomberg platform. You will collaborate on go-to-market strategies, while always being on the look out for new opportunities to enrich our data content.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build strong collaborative relationships across the content partners that will be assigned to you within the Latin American OTC markets
- Prospect proactively, while also maintaining existing content partners relationships with key data contributors in order to identify and onboard strategic datasets to improve our data coverage, data quality and find growth opportunities – for example increasing market transparency for our clients through the data we acquire plus how to structure change initiatives such as LIBOR transition
- Identify and onboard strategic datasets to improve our data coverage, data quality while finding growth opportunities – for example growing market transparency for our data
- Become a true subject matter expert in Fixed Income, Currency and Derivatives pricing by demonstrating your understanding of the data from your content partners, and by being a trusted adviser and responding to all internal and external queries relating to these datasets
- Ensure the quality of our data through proactively reviewing datasets from our content partners to ensure high quality pricing data is provided
- Work closely with internal Bloomberg stakeholders in our Global Data and Enterprise Sales department to better understand our clients’ data needs or trends and identify any potential gaps to design and develop more robust data acquisition strategies
You’ll need to have:
- at least 5 years of experience in sales and relationship management within financial services
- Established track record in managing business development across OTC market makers
- Demonstrated knowledge in OTC products including any of the following – FX, Fixed income and derivatives
- Proven experience building trust and influencing C level executives in order to develop long lasting business relationships and design effective product solutions, including but not limited to the improvement of data quality
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Shown ability to build and execute plans under tight deadlines through demonstrating partnership with other internal stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal Portuguese, English and Spanish communication skills
- Willingness to travel within the region
We’d love to see:
- An established network within the Latin American content partners including relationships with regulators, government agencies and state banks would be an advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of market drivers especially linked to changes to market structure, benchmark reforms and regulations
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you’re a good match, we’ll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org