Mars is a family-owned business with more than 130,000 associates globally, making diverse products and offering services for people and pets.
DATA & ANALYTICS AT MARS PETCARE
The Petcare Segment consists of four Divisions: Pet Nutrition, Royal Canin, Mars Veterinary Health & Kinship. Under this new organization of Petcare Product and Service brands, we launched our Strategy in 2018 with an objective to “create A Better World For Pets by extending global leadership in nutrition, health and services powered by data”.
With the breadth and scale of our Petcare businesses we have unique and unrivalled data assets. The potential to create benefits for Pets and sustainable competitive advantage is huge and we need to seize this opportunity now.
Our data assets consist of veterinary data including appointment and invoice details as well as the medical histories and diagnostic details this provides. We have breed and disease marker data from our DNA diagnostics business Wisdom Health, and location and activity tracking data from our Whistle business. From our nutrition businesses we have sales data, some consumer data as well as valuable information about retailers, veterinarians, breeders and shelters. We also have third party data providing us with product purchasing insights and the potential to develop deeper and broader views into pet care shopping through collaboration and D2C engagement.
We began our work to leverage these more strategically to power our ecosystem in 2018 and there is a significant team across both Segment and Divisions driving these efforts.
What are we looking for?
- Understanding of data, analytics & technology topics
- Outstanding writing, oral and interpersonal skills
- Experience of running in-person and virtual events
- Ability to quickly build relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Web design and development desirable
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Work with senior leaders to design the strategy and tactics for successful data and analytics community design
- Manage and sustain a global data community that promotes an inclusive and welcoming data-driven culture
- Organise regular events that drive collaboration, share technical knowledge and offer opportunities to learn new skills
- Identify relevant internal speakers for events that showcase strategic and innovative work from across all functions, and bring in external speaker to demonstrate applications of D&A outside Mars
- Organise events that drive collaboration and learning such as hackathons, data for good projects and more
- Embed processes, feedback, and KPIs that ensure the community is successful in driving strategic business priorities
- Partner with the Transformation Team to ensure than the community are engaged with the latest upskilling offerings for the D&A function
- Manage the data community MS Teams channel and assist with the management of the community page on the D&A internal website
- Partner with Mars Talent Acquisition teams on talent attraction strategies
- Identify and build relationships with universities, courses, societies etc. to ensure that Mars Petcare attracts top data talent
- Explore and implement new opportunities to attract talent including event sponsorship, speaking opportunities, project sponsorship (masters, PhD etc.), apprenticeships, and potential data science associations and institutions to partner with
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.