ICW Group is a leading purveyor of commercial and individual insurance solutions.
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission is to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
Exciting opportunity to transition in to a role as a Premium Auditor for ICW Group. Our Associate Premium Auditor Program will provide a 12 month training program that will equip you with the skills to succeed as a Premium Auditor for our insurance policies. You will have the opportunity to work remote from your home office and travel to our clients’ locations for field audits.
The Associate Premium Auditor will learn to conduct field audits to determine the actual exposures and premium to be charged for policy coverages in order to drive revenue and increase customer retention to achieve business growth.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Learns to conduct timely and accurate premium audits and service audits.
- Conducts audits on small to medium size accounts.
- Learns to resolve audit disputes.
- Working with supervisors and/or mentors, develops correspondence for insureds, agents, and company personnel
- Assists with audit reviews.
- Provides excellent customer service for the entire audit experience.
Maintains communication with accounts and other constituencies throughout the audit.
- Provides technical assistance to reviewers and Underwriters as needed.
- Provides current status of audit inventory on a regular basis to management.
- Clarifies virtual and onsite physical audits by contacting insureds as needed.
- Communicates with NCCI/ WCIRB regarding classification and technical issues.
Learns to determine actual exposures and premium to be charged for policy coverages.
- Assists with prioritization of audit assignments and conducts audits to achieve both volume and quality standards.
- Prepares detailed work papers and written correspondence in support of audit findings.
- Conduct interviews with the insured to obtain information regarding the insured’s operations and business model to obtain a good working knowledge and analysis of the risk. Determines employee job classifications based on job role and responsibilities and exposure to hazard.
- Remains informed of changes and current information relative to premium auditing through discussion and correspondence with experts and industry-related literature.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- No premium audit or insurance experience required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Intermediate working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability to read, comprehend, and analyze correspondence or documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply principles of logic to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems..
This job is a combination of working from home and working in the insured’s clerical office areas. Requires travel (driving and flying) to insureds’ locations to conduct audits. Customer worksites may vary in the environment.