Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 150 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the worldincluding the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agenciesto power their infrastructure.
A Day in the Life:
Be a critical part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services by developing the rapidly growing SMB market. As an SMB Sales Representative at AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to directly impact the growth and shape of emerging technologies. Your responsibilities will include driving revenue, adoption, and market saturation in our largest and fastest growing small & mid-market accounts. Early and continued cloud adoption is critical in enabling these customers to innovate at scale.
About the Team:
SMB is a team of Field Sellers, made up of 150+ Account Managers and 350+ cross functional team members in the United States, who work toward the collective goal of solving challenges and innovating new ways to enable our customers to achieve their desired outcomes for their customers. If it hasn’t been done before, we are the team to prove it’s possible. We are at the forefront of emerging technology that may seem unimaginable now, but will be tomorrow’s standard.
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that allows them to strategically engage at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects. You should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a fast moving territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets.
- Drive revenue and increase market share in a defined set of accounts.
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets.
- Develop and execute a plan to grow the AWS footprint within your set of accounts.
- Manage numerous accounts concurrently & strategically.
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services.
- Accelerate customer adoption through well-developed sales engagements and successful go-to-market strategy to achieve customer outcomes.
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline.
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- 7+ years of full sales cycle, technology sales or equivalent business development, sales engineering/consulting experience.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience required
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
- Experience driving new business in greenfield accounts at the C-suite level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .