Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Come be a part of a rapidly expanding $25 billion dollar global business. At Amazon Business, we set out every day to innovate and disrupt the status quo. We stand at the intersection of tech and retail in the B2B space developing innovative purchasing and procurement solutions to help businesses and organizations reimagine buying. Bring your insight, imagination and a healthy disregard for the impossible. Join us in building and celebrating the value of Amazon Business to buyers and sellers of all sizes, unlocking our potential worldwide.
Would you like to join one of Amazon’s fastest growing teams, focused on driving digital transformation with businesses and organizations across the US? Are you a natural “hunter” who enjoys challenging customers to think differently about their procurement and supply chain technology? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment where collaboration, ability to deal with ambiguity, and a desire to roll up your sleeves is critical?
The Amazon Business team is dedicated to developing solutions that make it easy for business customers to buy on Amazon.com. Customer Advisors are an integral component to the team as a key customer facing representative. As a Mid-Market Customer Advisor, you will have the exciting opportunity to drive the full sales life cycle of businesses, from prospecting to strategic account growth. The ideal candidate will have B2B sales experience including identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large scale deals. Candidate should be a self-starter with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop a customer acquisition and account management plan within assigned territory, including but not limited to:
- Develop and nurture prospect pipeline, utilizing high level of lead generation activities.
- Engage in discovery with customers to advise on ideal solution utilizing a diverse suite of product features.
- Exceed targets for customer acquisition and spend adoption.
- Strategically manage relationships with multiple senior stakeholders within prospect and customer accounts.
- Represent the Voice of Customer by working cross-functionally with marketing, sales operations, professional services, product management and other key internal Amazon stakeholders.
- Analyze sales data from your accounts to evolve your strategy.
This role can be located out of any of the Amazon Business locations in the United States, which include Austin TX, Boston MA, Arlington VA, Chicago IL, New York NY, and Seattle WA.
- 5+ years of B2B and/or Enterprise sales experience with a focus on hunting new business.
- Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale purchasing contracts or software agreements.
- Experience in positioning and selling innovative solutions to new customers and market segments.
- Proven track record in identifying and pursuing a large number of accounts over the phone, with ability to close in person.
- Ability to think and act independently within a fast-paced multi-task driven environment.
- Experience in proactively growing customer relationships within an account while expanding their understanding of the customer’s business.
- Strong ability to communicate and present to internal and external senior leadership.
- Ability to travel for internal business presentations and customer meetings.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of sales experience selling to Fortune 5000 senior leadership.
- 3+ years of sales experience selling to procurement roles.
- Entrepreneurial background with proven ability to deal with ambiguity, pivot quickly, adapt new process and run fast.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.