wellsfargo Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified community-based financial services company with a vision to satisfy customer’s financial needs and help them succeed financially.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Wealth Planner. This role understands and consults with relationship managers and/or advisors, whose clients’ net worth is generally above $5MM, to provide an understanding of the tools and resources available to help clients.
In this role, you will:
- Provide subject matter expert consulting services to relationship managers and/or advisors to educate advisors on available advice and planning tools and resources to increase an advisor’s ability to confidently incorporate advice and planning into their client practice.
- Consult with relationship managers and/or advisors to help prepare the team for consultative process with their clients.
- Have expertise in income tax and financial and estate planning.
- Be the subject matter expert on advice and planning tools, processes, and policies to help educate and consult with relationship teams. May deliver the plan in partnership with the relationship team.
- Provide moderate to more advanced planning support. May provide support as a subject-matter expert.
- Work closely with internal product teams to understand the available financial services products.
- May work on research projects, presentations, writing assignments, or other projects as they arise.
- Adhere to planning and risk procedures and protocols.
- Support multiple hubs.
- 5+ years of Wealth Planning experience with High Net Worth or Ultra High Net Worth clients, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree, Certified Financial Planner ™ designation, or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Knowledge and understanding of financial planning
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Wealth management experience
- FINRA registration including Series 7 and 66 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Extensive experience with complex High Net Worth and Ultra High Net Worth clients ($10 million plus Net Worth)
- High net worth tax or estate planning experience
- Masters in Taxation
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 must be completed within a 90 or 180-day time period contingent upon number of license(s) needed if not immediately available to transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted. This will be communicated at time of offer acceptance
- For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite may also be required
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.