VMware Carbon Black
VMware Carbon Black provides transformative solutions that create a world safe from cyberattacks.
The Strategic Renewals Account Manager reports directly to the Sr. Manager of Renewals and will be responsible for managing high value transactional renewals across VMware’s largest and most strategic customers. This person will also be responsible for managing a portion of VMware’s SaaS renewals. The purpose is to drive high retention rates across renewals in addition to leveraging the renewal event to increase the net new license attach rate by cross selling and upselling VMware’s emerging technologies and adding new services. This person will be required to work with cross functional departments such as license sales, global support, PSO to ensure alignment and to drive increased customer success and adoption. Success will come from forging strategic relationships with field sales and educating the field on how a renewal event can drive a net new Enterprise Agreement for VMware.
This role is critical to VMware as we help our customers find the right balance between private and public Cloud.
- Extensive experience negotiating multi-million dollar deals (Renewals or Net new) with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations.
- Customer Success experience in the SaaS industry preferred
- 3-5 years experience in a quota carrying sales role with demonstrated achievement.
- Ability to interact, compile and summarize various data sources and proactively work with both our Field account executives and customers with strategic product and service discussions.
- Operational discipline and efficiency with previous experience building cross organizational relationships.
- History of coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Systems Engineers, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, Account Executives and Channel Management to ensure target quotas are achieved and exceeded.
- 3-5 years of proven sales experience with large deal negotiations.
- Must possess strong ability to forge lasting relationships to meet objectives and sales quotas.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction.
- Ability to make good decisions in the spirit of the strategic direction of the organization independently.
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expect high standards for self and team. Compatible with VMware’s EPIC2 values.
- Detailed oriented, analyses available data and makes decisions in the best interest of VMware.
FOR COLORADO-BASED CANDIDATES:
The hiring range for this position is typically $98,000.00- $147,000.00. Actual offer will be based on the individual candidate. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/. *Note: Disclosure of Colorado pay and benefits required per sb19-968.
Ability to travel 20% of the time.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.