Esri is the world leader in geographic information system (GIS) software development and believes The Science of Where can transform society by unlocking data's full potential in every organization.
We invite you to use your deep understanding of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and experience with geospatial technology to become an integral part of the account team. You’ll join a highly-skilled group of sales professionals and solution engineers who collaborate with existing customers to identify new, innovative ways of using our technology and help new users discover the value GIS can bring to their organization.
We’re looking for individuals who are customer oriented and collaborative team players who enjoy identifying and implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges businesses face. You’ll work closely with a team that helps our customers take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and understanding hidden within complex business problems.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for large, complex organizations. Create new opportunities within high-level accounts and deepen relationships. Participate in and present at trade shows, workshops, and seminars.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate advanced industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers within organizations and gain access to executive, enterprise-level decision makers. Understand complex customer budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Be an expert. Clearly articulate the strength and value of Esri technology as it relates to the NGA mission. Consistently conduct research and pursue professional development to ensure competitive knowledge. Use your innovative whiteboarding and presentation skills to support visual storytelling.
- Deliver results. Proactively execute the account management and sales processes for all opportunities in order to meet revenue goals. Continually evaluate work in terms of its contribution to meeting customer needs.
- Collaborate with your team. Lead account strategies by consistently collaborating with cross-divisional teams and Esri partners. Be motivated and resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues.
- 5+ years of enterprise sales experience providing solutions to businesses
- Experience managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with large customers
- Possess financial and business acumen to build compelling account growth strategies
- Advanced knowledge of NGA and new technology trends and the ability to translate this into complex solutions for customers
- Understanding of GIS, Esri technology, and NGA as they relate to one another
- Expert visual storyteller and negotiator across all levels of an organization
- Knowledge of industry fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycles
- Experience with insight selling methodologies, including understanding and mitigating threats
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally 25-50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
Questions about our interview process? We have answers .
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today’s volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.