Gap Inc. operates Gap, Banana Republic, Intermix, and Athleta brands—offering quality clothing and accessories for men, women, and children on an international scale.
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
The Production Coordinator role is an entry level position designed to be a flexible and dynamic resource utilized to address more robust projects, in order to improve overall efficiency of our production organization. This role works closely with our product development, production management and fabric R&D teams, supporting the end to end production process. This position provides an opportunity to gain foundational knowledge on our brand and production organization in order to seamlessly pursue career opportunities in one of production’s various teams.
What You’ll Do
- Develop an understanding of our product to market calendar and the role production plays throughout each phase
- Support teams with accurate data entry into our product lifecycle management system (PLM) and help to resolving discrepancies with cross-functional partners
- Assist with development and production sample check-ins and strike off comments for on time bulk approval
- Manage the seasonal sample ordering for brand advertising samples (AD samples) and tailoring samples for new fabric approvals (sample product requests)
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to drive efficiency and simplification
Financial Management & Reporting:
- Partner with production management team to report bi weekly late delivery log dashboard
- Assist in development and/or final costing accuracy in brand order management system
- Drive brand liability task force team and monthly reporting to ensure utilization of material liabilities
- Build and publish visual hindsight reporting for product development teams
- Collaborate with functional leaders to continue to improve and validate value and efficiency of reports
- Build strong relationships with global production team partners, mentors and peers
- Take advantage of available educational training and professional development opportunities offered (LinkedIn Learning, Business Bootcamp and internal Retail Academy classes)
- Actively participate in discussions for department, division or brand initiatives
- Understand roles and responsibilities of cross-functional business partners
Who you are:
- 1-year work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of production cycle timeline and basic retail math skills
- An analytical, thoughtful and methodical thinker
- Illustrates a strong work ethic and shows initiative
- Effectively communicates in written and verbal form
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook & Teams
- Demonstrates an aptitude with learning and excelling in new systems or tools (PLM, Smartsheet, Internal Tools)
- Goal orientated; can fulfill and complete tasks on time with precision
- Able to work as a member of a team
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Creative and/or innovative problem-solving skills
- Solicits feedback and has a desire for self-development
- Adaptable to change and can overcome roadblocks to deliver results
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
Who You Are
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.