Salesforce brings companies and customers together in the number one Customer Relationship Management platform.
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Customer Success Group
eCommerce Functional Consultant / Functional Architect
Location: various office or remote based locations in EMEA considered
The eCommerce Functional Consultant / Architect / Business Analyst leads Salesforce Commerce Cloud projects and consulting engagements with our enterprise customers, partnering with key stakeholders to create compelling eCommerce visions while advising and executing on strategies to make best use of the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform to meet the customer’s business goals.
This role serves as a hands-on trusted advisor to the customer, using strong interpersonal skills, functional and/or technical knowledge, eCommerce product knowledge, industry experience, consulting experience, and knowledge of the client’s business to deliver customer ROI. The eCommerce Functional Consultant / Architect / Business Analyst is a strong presenter and facilitator, obtaining customer acceptance by understanding and delivering the right strategic vision, and driving conversations necessary to execute business strategies. They are proficient at analysing issues and obstacles to determine root cause(s), weighing options, choosing appropriate courses of action, and measuring and revising strategy based on results. This role interacts with both business and technical customer and partner teams to understand requirements, analyse information, and design comprehensive solutions on Salesforce Commerce Cloud. They also show a strong understanding of typical eCommerce business challenges faced by customers and common objectives. The eCommerce Functional Consultant / Architect / Business Analyst contributes to eCommerce thought leadership and best practices – both internally in their Community and externally in the marketplace – and are advocates for change across the organization.
- Assess client business requirements and work closely with Salesforce Technical Architects to provide long-term functional solutions based on Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Lead Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform enablement boot camps for clients & partners
- Drive customer functional requirements and eCommerce best practices adoption
- Work closely with our partner organisations to support & enable their project implementation teams on functional standards for Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Author & review functional specification documentation for implementation project teams
- Help clients consistently meet/exceed their eCommerce goals and metrics
- Deliver high client satisfaction (CSAT)
- Contribute to eCommerce thought leadership at Salesforce
- Positively impact client renewals (when applicable)
- Generate positive feedback from internal teams and leadership
- Show continued professional growth and development
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 2-3 years eCommerce experience required
- Good-level university degree or foreign equivalent
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including enterprise-level consulting
- Validated results leading customer and / or partner success stories
- Good team player that can work efficiently with peers across functions
- Excellent analytical skills and high aptitude with ability to learn quickly
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Demandware, Hybris or other eCommerce product are a major advantage
- Excellent verbal and written English language; additional local language (i.e. German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, French,…) are major advantage
- Ability to travel (average 50%, may be higher or lower based on the client engagement)
- PASSION: Passionate about Customer Success
- BEGINNERS MIND: Always learning; approaches each interaction with open mind; excellent listener and hands-on
- LEADERSHIP: Self-aware and strategic thinker; proficient at building positive relationships
- COMMUNICATOR: Speaks and writes with clarity, brevity, and purpose; explains area of expertise clearly and confidently to others; influences and engages C-Level with authority and confidence
- STORYTELLER: efficiently facilitates and presents; ably defends point-of-view; keeps audiences engaged and delivers a clear and memorable message
- TEAM PLAYER: Proficient at collaboration and working with members of a team
- URGENCY: Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
- OHANA: Embodies Aloha culture; a team player that everyone enjoys working with and has a generous heart
- TRUST: Trusts the company’s core values; shows integrity, transparency, and reliability
- ADAPTABLE: Excels in high levels of uncertainty and change
- COMMUNITY CHAMPION: Leads internal initiatives; actively contributes to the Community’s knowledge and resource base
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.