Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
As an increasing number of large enterprises move their critical systems to the cloud, we are in need of high-powered technical leaders to help our largest customers navigate the operational challenges of cloud computing. You will work one-on-one with our top-tier customers, supporting the software development lifecycle for cloud services, operations management of active services, and business relationships with AWS.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon Web Services within organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. You must possess customer-facing skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available only in the cloud.
As a Technical Consultant, you will be the primary operational point of contact for one or more customers, helping to plan, review, and oversee ongoing operations of business critical applications. You will leverage your broad experience, troubleshooting application, network, database, and architectural challenges using the suite of internal AWS tools as well as your existing knowledge and toolkits. You will work across customer organizations to ensure customers’ applications are well designed and scale to the needs of the world’s largest events e.g., the Super Bowl, the World Cup and the Olympics. In this role, you will also act as the voice of the customer within AWS to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Champion and advocate for Enterprise customers within Amazon Web Services (be their voice)
- Be excited about cross-team and cross-org collaboration.
- Solve technical issues and work directly with AWS engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Help Enterprise customers define IT and business processes that work well with cloud deployments
- Engage with Director and C-Level executives to translate business needs into technical and operational plans
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed prelaunch planning
- Analyze and present operational reviews to customer leadership
- 8+ years of software design, development, and operation experience
- 4+ years of experience designing, architecting, operating and developing large-scale services with a strong understanding of scaling and performance
- Passion for automation over repetitive manual work
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies
- Good understanding of database internals, query processing and query optimization
- Good understanding of data modeling and architecture
- Able to provide technical training
- BE, MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Math
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure in AWS
- Experience in operational parameters and troubleshooting for four (4) or more of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environment
- Experience managing clustering application design and public/private/hybrid cloud services.
- Experience with Apache Hive/Hadoop, spark, elasticsearch, etc.
- Experience with AL/ML technologies including tensorflow, MxNet, caffe2, torch, chainer, PyTorch, Gluon, etc.
- Experience with cyber security including DDOS, malware, phish, data encryption and decryption, and disaster recovery (DR).
- Experience with Network and Operating System will be a plus.
- Familiar with Kubernetes, Helm, and other CNCF projects.
- Recognized contributions to open source projects
- Experience in Informational Technology operations
- Professional oral and written communication skills, presenting to an audience containing one or more decision maker(s)
- Experience in a 24×7 operational services or support environment will be a plus