Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and dedicated people. If you’d like to help us build our Public Sector team then this is your chance to make history.
The Public Sector Global Lead Development Team is expanding! As a Lead Development Representative (LDR) you will be an important member of the sales organization, playing a critical role in qualifying and generating leads, prospecting new customers, and developing and executing sales campaigns. Working in collaboration with your global peers, marketing and account managers, the successful candidate will:
- Manage incoming leads to meet SLAs
- Conduct discussions with prospects and existing customers over the phone to identify and qualify opportunities
- Understand customer pain points, gather technical requirements and correlate business value to customer needs
- Generate interest and provide vision of the portfolio of AWS solutions to potential customers
- Understand existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing
- Achieve monthly qualification goals
- Update and maintain customer information within SalesForce.com
- Provide account management team with detailed call notes to ensure the opportunity is understood and next steps are clearly defined
- Present a high level, technical solution to diverse audiences which include AWS colleagues, prospects and customers relevant to target industry or market
- College/University Degree
- 1 year or more of experience in IT prospecting or sales
- 1 year or more of experience using a CRM/Customer Relationship Management tool
- 1 year or more of experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Target orientated, dedicated, creative, customer focused
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with highly developed interpersonal skills and organizational skills, perceptive and result oriented who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability to travel to the U.S. and abroad as needed
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.