Capital One is a nationally recognized and high-tech business banking company, offering better customized consumer and commercial lending and deposit financial services.
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Technical Product Consultant Team Leader – Director
The Commercial Card business is on a growth journey, transforming the payables client and supplier experience for middle market companies and expanding Capital One’s market share through national sales and underwriting. We have invested heavily in product technology, national sales capabilities, and operations infrastructure in anticipation of massive multi-year growth in volume.
The Technical Payables Consultant Team Leader role will lead a team of consultants who meet with C-suite prospects and clients to understand their accounts payable processes and systems to influence sales positioning and define implementation requirements, ensuring successful Capital One B2B payment programs. This leader must be able to exhibit a high degree of solutions consulting to draw out client’s needs in an effort to influence change and tailor our solutions more effectively. You also must be an effective collaborator across the business and drive continuous improvement and consistent alignment and execution of your team’s consulting processes. You will also represent the “voice of the customer” in our ongoing product enhancement roadmap.
In this role, sales team members will rely on you and your team’s ability to understand and capture how a prospect uses their ERP “Enterprise Resource Planning” and general tech infrastructure, how they can move data in and out of it, and how our product could integrate to the client’s systems You will also be responsible for establishing best practices for systems implementations and will serve as Capital One’s knowledge expert and “the source of truth” for our implementation and product partners by designing executable processes to ensure client can achieve full value of program. This role will partner with our sales and onboarding resources, while also working with the Capital One tech resources in creating a positive client experience.
The ideal candidate for this role understands that there is no “one-size-fits-all” solution for all customers and will consult with our clients’ technical team to determine the best solution to each unique customer set of needs. This will require consulting on how to set up an account, overall AP process best practices and how to optimize a new payables solution within the client’s IT environment.
To successfully fulfill the responsibilities of the role, you will leverage your team leadership, organizational collaborative skills to shape and maintain a well managed process of requirements gathering and documentation for the Commercial Card portfolio.
- Build internal understanding, adaptation and adherence to our team’s process with internal stakeholders, including sales, operations and product
- Manage the internal process for intake, ensure requirements are delivered with quality and completeness
- Define and provide deal-level requirements for optimal program delivery
- Creative and collaborative problem solving with clients and internal partners
- Influence client change needed at the deal level; influence internal stakeholders to address thematic client card payment solution needs.
- General understanding of a variety of accounting systems / environments and its data
- Awareness of various stakeholder needs within accounts payable process
- Ability to respectfully challenge way of thinking, ask probing questions internally and with clients
At this time, there is no travel, but when it is considered reasonably safe to travel, there may be up to 30% travel to client sites.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of previous Card, Treasury Management, Account Management, Technical Integration, or Consulting experience
- At least 3 years of working with Enterprise Resource Systems (ERP) or Account Payable( AP) systems such as: QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics, Sage, Oracle, SAP, NetSuite, Infor, Deltek, Procore, Viewpoint, Yardi, MRI or JD Edwards.
- At least 4 years of supervisory experience
- At least 2 year of performing data analytics using Microsoft Excel
- Master’s Degree
- At least 10 years of previous Card, Treasury Management, Account Management, Technical Integration, or Consulting experience
- At least 5 years of experience supporting clients on a cloud based platform or implementing clients on a cloud based platform that interacts with a client’s ERP
- Familiarity of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).