Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
CO Salary Range: USD 170,000.00 – 230,000.00
AWS is seeking a world class sales professional to manage our global customer relationship with one of the largest international Telcos. Responsibilities span Sell To, Sell With, and Sell Through motions with the customer.
The Global Account Manager will be responsible for providing global business leadership and management of this global account. You will build and maintain key relationships, develop and manage opportunities, monitor deployment projects and engage virtual resources. You will define a CXO relationship strategy within the account, including engaging with AWS senior leadership team for executive sponsorships, coordinating executive business reviews and maintain customer satisfaction.
Key job responsibilities
The Global Account Manager is responsible for teaming with the customer’s leadership and Lines of Business Organizations across IT, Products, and Networks to build strategic relationships across the account, articulating a clear vision and generating enthusiasm, while impacting all business groups. Additional responsibilities include selling at the most strategic level within the account and implementing a broad strategy for earning customer acceptance and service implementation. The Global Account Manager will work with all appropriate AWS resources (Executives, Solution Architects, Business Development, Marketing, Partners, Support, Sell-Through resources, Service teams and Professional Services) to support customer interests. This includes dotted line responsibility for downstream sales and technical resources that may be geographically distributed.
Development of formal case studies and other forms of references highlighting activity and workloads running on AWS is core to the role.
About the team
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on tasks with more complexity in the future..
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we are not focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we are happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
- The candidate must have 12+ years experience working with a large Global organization as lead Account and Relationship Manager.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Virtual team leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills are required.
- Candidate must possess demonstrated decision making, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Experience selling into or working for a large Cable or Media company is strongly preferred.
- Experience as the as the primary account manager or team leader for a global federated enterprise working with multiple business units and influencing governance and policy is a plus.
- A BA or BS degree in computer science, engineering, business, marketing, or related field (MBA preferred) and a minimum of 10+ years of enterprise selling experience in large global accounts.
- Additional experiences to include: experience in large complex deal negotiations with a successful track record; ability to navigate across AWS and the customer in a trusted advisor/consultative approach; and, establishing credibility quickly with senior level executives across the organizations.
- A strong understanding of AWS and/or technology as a service (Iaas, SaaS, PaaS) is preferred.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $170000-230000[hr/yr]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.