Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Would you like to be part of a business helping hyper-growth Startup ISVs innovate, and exceed revenue goals? Do you have the business savvy skills necessary to motivate a cross-functional team including sales, product and alliances to deliver business growth for AWS and our ISV partners?
AWS is seeking an experienced Sr. Account Manager for selling to Strategic ISV’s and to expand the business with our hottest Startup ISV customers. The Sr. Account Manager will be responsible for setting a long-term strategy and executing daily to grow customers. In addition to being a customer, these companies partner with AWS as an ISV and have multiple GTM goals. In the role, you will build and maintain broad relationships, develop and manage opportunities, and facilitate a large team of extended resources.
The Account Manager is responsible for teaming with all aspects of the customer’s organization. This includes C-level executives, engineering, IT/operations, partner org, and sales. Skills required to build relationships across an account include creative systems thinking, visioning, and executing via collaboration with an extended team to address all ISV customer’s needs.
The Account Manager is responsible for selling at the most strategic (C-level) within the account and implementing a broad strategy for earning customer acceptance and service implementation. The Account Manager works collaboratively with all appropriate AWS resources (Executives, Partner, Support, Solution Architect) to support customer interests, and will understand how to strongly advocate for the customer in harmony with what the AWS business needs. In addition to new service adoption and new line of business development, this role includes dotted line responsibility for partnership and technical collaboration
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 8 + years of technology sales experience
• Experience in working with Startups/Enterprises in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology deals.
• Experience in positioning and selling technology to new customers and in new market segments.
• Experience in proactively growing customer relationships within an account while expanding their understanding of the customer’s business.
• Functioned in an environment where they managed an account list in technology which included large growth in net new opportunities.
• Proven track record of consistent territory growth and quota attainment.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• MBA/MA/MS degree
• Previous cloud expertise at a technology company and/or AI/ML background
• Passion for helping startups grow
• Passion for and familiarity with AI/ML and Cloud trends
• History of working for, or selling to tech startups
• Experience working with founders is desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable delivering results amid ambiguity and change
Preferred location San Francisco/ Bay Area, New York, or Seattle; final location flexible with access to a major airport for travel purposes.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.