Blueprint Medicines is a global precision therapy company that invents life-changing therapies for people with cancer and rare diseases.
KAM Alpine Cluster – Contract, based in Switzerland or Austria
Location: field-based, Switzerland or Austria
At Blueprint Medicines, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution by focusing on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-a-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicines to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine: gnomically defined cancers, rare diseases, and cancer immunotherapy.
- Embrace and understand indications and scope account and HCPs in the Alpine Cluster (Austria and Switzerland)
- Implement programs to support the journey of patients and ultimately work with the local health care systems to improve the treatment of this disease and/or the patient journey.
- Drive account stakeholder relationships; develop and monitor long-term relationships between Blueprint Medicines, accounts and key stakeholders.
- Design strategy for and be accountable for key accounts, develop concrete plans for those
- Responsible for driving and achieving the business objectives of new product launches and in market assets
- Responsible for leading and developing local strategic customer relationships and bring product to launch within compliance and legal requirements.
- Develop and execute projects initiated by relevant team members to support their customers, resulting in better and more efficient treatment outcomes helping Blueprint Medicines to be a key partner in the product area by stakeholders.
- Share insights and best practices within Alpine, DACH, and INT teams and region
- Understand the account situation, potential, challenges and needs
- Formulate comprehensive, robust and insight-driven key account plans
- Deliver on agreed objectives and tactics within the key accounts in order to drive BPM performance
- Ensure account plans, objectives and KPIs are transparent to the team and senior leader.
- Manage the account plan execution according to agreed timelines and budget
- Conduct market surveillance and communicate in-field intelligence on customer insights, external stakeholder activities and trends to key internal stakeholders.
- Support and collaborate with In-Field Market Access territory partner to gain product access to local formularies and/or protocols within own accounts.
- In coordination with supply chain, ensure product(s) is/are available at account level
- Operate in a manner that is always in line with compliance and legal requirements and
according to the marketing and sales strategies.
- Act as an ambassador of the BPM brand, its vision and values.
- Develop long-term relationships between BPM and key strategic accounts and
- Identify key external stakeholders and develop deep understanding of their needs, collaborating on initiatives and co-creating mutually beneficial solutions that will add value to them and the patients
- Drive the implementation of the innovative offerings with key stakeholders.
- Support and advise Healthcare professionals on the correct use of BPM product and services portfolio
Cross-Functional Team Leadership
- Proactively coordinate collaboration with medical and market access (and other internal stakeholders) to ensure alignment in objectives and activities with accounts and external stakeholders.
- Monitor the account plan progress and hold collaborators, and self, accountable as agreed
- Lead the core account team meetings and present account plans and progress at relevant
local meetings to the management
- Identify and address any collaboration misalignments
- Prioritize and manage accounts within the Alpine Cluster by assessing appropriate business opportunities through contacts with key decision-makers and important local stakeholders
- Systematically analyse success of plans (e.g. sales, market developments, competitors) and propose mitigating actions as needed.
Use learnings to further improve planning and execution
- Make changes as needed based on new business opportunities and changes in the market place to achieve financial objectives
Critical Skills And Competencies
- Strategic Approach Balances between the long-term vision while driving the short-term goals
- Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals
- Drive for Results, holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine
- Act with sense of urgency to address key stakeholder needs
- Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions
- Focuses on customer satisfaction and delivers a quality service or product to the agreed standards; understands the unmet needs of the patients
- Integrates and drives the application of plans/tactics for functional strategy
- Influences the functional strategy by defining, building, and communicating processes, relationships, and efficiencies in areas of accountability
- Bio-scientific, pharmaceutical or medical education and/or degree as a pharmaceutical consultant (shqa or Pharmig), ideally with sound expertise and contacts in hematology/oncology
- Profound experience in account management of the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in managing customer relationships across the full spectrum of customer types in healthcare industry
- Knowledge in the national healthcare systems and the local and therapy specific policies that impact decision making
- Fluent in German and English, both written and oral. French a plus.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.