Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
As an increasing number of companies move their critical systems to the cloud, we are in need of high-powered technical leaders to help Amazon’s largest and most strategically important customers navigate the operational challenges of cloud computing. You will have the opportunity to work with customers and partners in multiple segments and countries, supporting the software development life-cycle for cloud services, operations management of active AWS services and manage the business relationships with AWS. You will also have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to scale a paid top-tier support services portfolio.
You must possess management and customer-facing skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with a variety of tenured staff regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available only in the cloud.
As Enterprise Support Manager, you will lead a team of Technical Account Managers who are the primary operational point of contact for your customer, helping to plan, review, and oversee ongoing operations of business critical applications. You will leverage your broad experience to work closely with sales leadership to plan and ensure successful launch and operations of AWS’s largest application workloads. You will oversee or lead operations reviews, both internally and with your customers, while constantly seeking ways to improve your customer’s AWS experience. In this role, you will also act as the voice of the customer within AWS to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Champion and advocate for top-tier customers within Amazon Web Services (be their voice)
- Hire, retain and develop a diverse team responsible for solving technical issues and working directly with AWS engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Help customers define IT and business processes that work well with cloud deployments
- Engage with Snr Management, Director and C-Level executives to translate business needs into technical and operational plans
- Work with AWS executive leadership to influence the product roadmap
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planning
- Analyze and present operational reviews to customer leadership
- 4+ years managing technical teams
- 5+ years of experience in direct customer engagement, with a focus on support to senior executives (Vice President and C-level)
- Must have a track record of effectively managing technical teams
- Estimated 25% travel requirement
- Experience scaling an organization through rapid growth or expansion
- Previous experience in technical account management, business relationship management or consulting
- Experience in System Management or IT Operations is a plus
- Previous experience managing a budget or P&L
- An adaptable communication style that can fit diverse audiences (with varying technical and cultural backgrounds)
- Proficient in communicating complex ideas, either with the written word or in presentations
- Excellent analytical skills with a track record of achieving balance in innovative thinking with a strong customer and quality focus
- A degree in an STEM field is a plus; an MBA is a big plus
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice(https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.