Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Location for this position can be Seattle, Los Angeles, New York City, Arlington, VA, Nashville, and Austin.
We are looking for a bright, customer obsessed, driven and creative individual to join the Amazon Fresh vendor management team. The Vendor Manager will engage directly with multiple internal teams to optimize the product line for key manufacturers (vendors). You will utilize a wide range of skills and work across major functional areas such as site merchandising, buying, pricing, inventory management, operations, online marketing, and finance to drive the performance of strategic vendor partners at Amazon.
The candidate possesses experience in buying, marketing, and/or finance, with a track record of successful relationship management, strong analytical acumen, and experience generating and managing reporting and analysis. Great communication skills and understanding of Excel will be essential to your success. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who will take ownership of projects and business problems to a successful result.
Our environment is fast-paced, and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams, vendors, partners, and management.
On a day to day basis, you will:
- Be the ‘business owner’ for your category/sub-category, working autonomously and possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact your business
- Develop a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
- Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability goals
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of professional or military experience
- 3+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
- A background (4+ years) in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
- Proficiency in Excel
- Proven analytical skills and highly numerate
- Excellent presentation, organization and account management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong database and computer skills, SQL
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Experience in process improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.