Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Location: Seattle, Los Angeles, New York City, Arlington, VA, Nashville and Austin
The Amazon Fresh Grocery team is looking for a Vendor Manager to lead multiple facets of an omni-channel retail business (e.g., buying/vendor management, product management, operations, marketing/merchandising) and identify growth opportunities within our Perishables space. S/he will be able to deliver results at both a strategic and tactical level across all aspects of the business.
You will have accountability for business results of your product subcategories. Your direct responsibility will be to manage performance of the product portfolio including developing and growing vendor relationships, expanding product selection and vendor base, leading negotiations, setting category strategy, developing marketing programs, driving sales and margin improvements and creating best-in-class customer experiences.
The ideal candidate will have strong customer experience intuition, business and product sense combined with solid understanding of technical concepts. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. High judgment, ability to influence, analytical talent, exceptional communications, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of professional or military experience
- 3+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel
- A background (4+ years) in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and relationship management experience
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Solid communications skills verbal and written
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to seamlessly work across functional and organizational boundaries, and reputation for influencing others and earning trust across levels and organizations
- Proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion of large-scale projects
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an exceptional attention to detail
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.