First Republic Bank
First Republic was founded on the belief that a truly differentiated culture is devoted to exceptional client service in the banking industry.
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals within First Republic Investment Management (FRIM), First Republic Securities Company (FRSC), First Republic Trust Company (FRTC), and Foreign Exchange. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
The Senior Associate will be responsible for the development, design, delivery and implementation of comprehensive financial plans. The Advanced Planning group serves multiple client segments; however, this role will primarily deliver planning services to the $1 to $8 million liquidity client segment. The position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking to build a career in financial planning. Responsibilities range from marketing planning services to internal colleagues to acting as the financial planner for financial planning clients.
What you’ll do as an Senior Financial Planning Associate:
Develop and deliver financial plans that includes:
– Compiling information, conduct research and assemble all applicable client data necessary to develop a solid, viable, meaningful financial plan; this process often involves direct contact with the client/client delegates or investigative research using available online tools.
– Utilizing financial planning software to build financial models based on client data and information compiled.
– Independently analyzing data and perform quality control testing to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the analysis developed by the financial planning software.
– Take the lead in developing, reviewing and completing financial plans, client documentation and analysis.
– Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, accountants and attorneys to ensure data, analysis and plans are accurate and complete.
– Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with First Republic Relationship Managers, and First Republic Investment Management Wealth Advisors
– Ensure engagement letters, welcome packages, and closing letters are sent to clients.
– Manage confidential client information.
– Manage client pipeline and/or engagement from initiation to completion.
– Maintain metrics needed to measure outcomes of the client engagements.
– Main point of contact with relationship managers, wealth advisors, wealth management teams and internal resources regarding client engagements.
– Ensure invoices are effectively handled.
– Lead various special projects related to planning.
You could be a great fit if you have:
– Existing expertise or willingness to obtain expert knowledge of financial planning software, specifically eMoney. Additionally, the Senior Associate should:
– Have an understanding of financial planning concepts, strategies and solutions sufficient to independently understand how and what to model in the financial planning
– Perform independent research as needed to gain a technical understanding of concepts and strategies candidates are not familiar with that would aid in their analysis
– The aspiration of being a team player with a sincere desire to play a role in a growing Financial Planning business
– The individual should demonstrate dynamic analytical and technical abilities, impeccable communication skills and strong attention to detail
– Strong interest in financial planning; experience with complicated planning a plus
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel and a familiarity with or ability to be trained on eMoney, Salesforce and NumberCruncher software
– Strong understanding of or solid foundation in essential planning concepts (i.e., estates and trusts, insurance, stock options, taxes, cash flow planning)
– Solid understanding of investments and financial markets
– Familiarity with banking and wealth management products and services
– Ability to manage multiple responsibilities under high pressure
– Strong communication and follow-up skills
– Sound judgment and reasoning abilities
– A “high touch” client service approach
– Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in financial planning
– Intellectual curiosity
– Tax background or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation preferred but not required
– Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
– Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
– Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career – apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability – that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.