VMware Carbon Black
VMware Carbon Black provides transformative solutions that create a world safe from cyberattacks.
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
On the Global Service Provider team, we are working with the top operators around the world as they transform their business to take advantage of 5G, enter the era of multi-cloud technologies and build open systems that will offer them increased flexibility and speed never seen before. If you are passionate about making new markets and enjoy innovating with your customers… then you will feel right at home in this role.
As the Global Account Manager of Millicom, you will be responsible for selling into all lines business at Tigo Latin American operations including their mobile network, IT, B2B, etc. This will give you the ability to solve your customers toughest challenges through disruptive technologies like edge computing, O-RAN, Kubernetes, multi-cloud, artificial intelligence, and more… all of which will accelerate the next wave of innovation. Our software and services span Application Modernization, Cloud, Networking and Security and Digital Workspace
The VMware Global Account Program serves approximately 100 of VMware’s largest customers globally. These premier accounts are managed by a team of experienced Global Account Managers (GAM) with the objective of establishing a significant VMWare footprint in the largest and most influential corporations worldwide.
The Global Account Manager role is an account sales leader and a business leader. This leader will have responsibility for the overall account strategy and management including the creation and execution of a business outcome-based strategic account plan, goal attainment, and revenue growth.
The Global Account Manager will serve as the executive contact across the customer on behalf of VMware, communicating VMware’s unique value. This leader must maintain a peer-level relationship and trusted advisor status with the customer’s C-suite level.
The Global Account Manager will be paired with one Global Solutions Consultant, in addition to several matrix Sales Specialists and partner resources to ensure value-added benefits and deeper/wider reach into the customer. They are responsible for managing the entire ecosystem required to support the customer (internal and external), and they lead the extended resources supporting the account through a value-based, consultative selling approach.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
The primary objective of this role is to orchestrate the engagement with Millicom through leading the extended teams, including external partners, to deliver strategic and transformational value to your customer which will ultimately lead to bookings for VMware. You will be responsible for the master strategy for Millicom and ensure this strategy is executed. You will also maintain high touch and trusted advisor status with Millicom.
In this role you will be asked to:
- Rapidly understand VMware, its direct markets, channels and resources and assess quickly where additional support and emphasis is required.
- Set the global account strategy that drives new VMware revenue through the ownership and implementation of an actionable, business outcome-based account plan
- Construct and sell large multi-product, integrated solutions and services utilizing strategic partnerships which drive business outcomes
- Manage tactical business while investing in larger, longer term strategic opportunities
- Manage contract and pricing strategy
- Lead and coordinate the activities of pre-sales (systems engineering), consulting (post-sales/implementation/professional services), and marketing, working with functional leaders to ensure the right skills and resources are made available in support of sales activities.
- Be Operationally Excellent in the day-to-day running of the business including (but not limited to) forecasting, pipeline development, training, certifications, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing.
- Maintain high touch and trusted advisor status with the customer establishing trust
- Act as an inspiring leader for a large extended team of virtual resources to ensure consistent and effective team engagement and ensuring optimal usage of resources across management, supporting and partner organizations
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
You would be reporting to a seasoned leader in a culture of trust, inclusiveness, respect, collaboration, and accountability. In addition to your direct leader, your peers and extended leadership team across Globals have 20+ years of experience varying in skills providing the opportunity to learn and build upon existing skills to help you with continuous growth.
Where is this role located?
This role is considered flexible and will be a mix of working from a local VMware office and remote depending on your preferences. You will be expected to live within a reasonable distance from Millicom’s headquarters in Miami, Florida.
- At least 10 years of experience in technology sales in the Service Provider vertical including solution selling experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a Global/Strategic Account Manager selling to service providers with meaningful relationships across a range of key decision-makers at all levels of Millicom
- Demonstrated track record of proven success within past sales roles in a matrix work environment
- Proven sales experience in a global software organization having built or substantially increased software license revenues.
- Experience of driving, shaping and executing large, multi-product deals.
- Knowledgeable in all facets of service provider technologies: IT, data center, multi-cloud, NFV, RAN, cable, transport, and security.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Travel up to 50% of the time.
- Consultative: Able to identify the customer’s pain points and needs to suggest solutions to satisfy those needs
- Business Acumen: Able to become the expert on the customer’s business, value drivers, organization, and industries
- Challenger: Able to push the customer’s thinking through a value-centric conversation educating them on new ways our solutions can provide benefits to their company
- Innovative: Adapts communication and influencing styles to suit different audiences and capable of introducing new ideas or methods internally and to the customer
- Financial Acumen: Knowledge & understanding of customer’s financial situation along with the ability to discuss customer’s outcomes in financial terms. Understanding of budgets, costs and price required.
- Negotiator: Does not simply sell on price but negotiates value to outcomes; Understands the legal and contractual implications of the negations as well as financial.
- Executive Presence: Possess a blend of temperament, competencies and skills that empowers the ability to command a room and hold business-led conversations at the C- level
- Globally-Minded: Understands the global aspects and cultures surrounding their customer and the various countries in which they operate
- Self-starter: Takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Adaptable: Adapts to changing circumstances and accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Collaborator: Excels at working collaboratively with their team, peers, supporting resources, partners, management, and the customer
- Strong Communication practices & Skills: Ability to write and speak in a way that clearly articulates a point of view; Understands how to involve all levels within the company (internal and external) with consistent, appropriate manner
Our team looks for candidates who embody our ‘EPIC2’ values – Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community. Team members who are logically curious, interpersonal, customer focused and able to find the humor in situations tend to thrive at VMware.
- Established and referenceable relationships with key contacts at C-Suite and/or board level within designated account
- International Sales experience highly preferred
- Familiar with Target Account Selling or another established sales methodology
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
- Self-starter with a high level of commitment and energy
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting https://benefits.vmware.com/ca/.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing group classes
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.