UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Communication Operations Program Specialist is responsible for executing tasks to ensure effective print production, account management, project management and vendor management of communication delivery programs. The primary focus is to ensure the quality and security of communication delivery (including but not limited to online nurse portal set-ups, printed member and provider materials, digital communication, reporting, etc.) to support the needs of the business while proactively identifying the most economical and strategic delivery format and method (i.e., Print, digital, conventional, electronic).
The preferred location for this position is Eden Prairie, MN. Telecommuters will also be considered. You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as primary day-to-day contact for external print vendors and internal business partners
- Review and understand project details of print and fulfillment, and other communication delivery, business requirements for assigned projects
- Monitor project dates and meet individual deliverables while supporting other team members to ensure order quality / accuracy goals are met
- Manage and monitor the end-to-end programming set-up of materials
- Provide ongoing reporting for business partners
- Provide strategic and innovative recommendations and obtain internal expenditure approval for best format, economic order quantity, fulfillment method, document estimates
- Upon project approval, issue a purchase order to officially award the job to the selected vendor
- Monitor purchase order status through invoicing, ensuring price, general ledger coding and quantity accuracy
- Provide final art files, print specifications, quantities, ship-to address, labeling/shipping, or data processing instructions to print vendors
- Hold vendor accountable to quality and production schedule and ensure accurate reporting
- Receive, review, and approve printer proofs (in conjunction with and / or on behalf of the business owner)
- Attend press checks to provide on-site direction regarding color corrections as necessary
- Monitor on time, on budget, quality, and cost-effective delivery of materials by print vendors
- Assist with materials planning, capacity planning, monthly metrics, and overall business forecasting where applicable
- Maintain accurate metrics and reporting for assigned programs and products
- Create procedure and job aid documentation on new tasks or processes
- Maintain and foster collaborative working relationships with team members, internal clients, and external vendors
- Support the overall business goals by performing additional duties as assigned or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma / GED
- 2+ years of print production and materials management experience
- 2+ years of account management experience
- Comprehensive understanding of the printing industry
- Comprehensive understanding of the mailing and lettershop industry
- Comprehensive understanding of the fulfillment industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Willing to travel occasionally on business (Attend functions, less than 5% travel nationally)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- BA / BS degree
- Solid interest and / or knowledge of new technologies and process improvement workflows
- Experience coordinating or managing deliverables of third – party vendors
- Experience interfacing with business decision – makers and system end – users to prioritize and achieve desired outcomes
- Experience with Workfront
- Experience with Noosh
- Experience managing multiple deliverables, projects, and stakeholders at one time
- Self – starter with excellent communication, organizational, process planning, decision making and implementation skills
- Possess a very high level of attention to detail
- Effective negotiation, communication, project, and time management skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $26.15 to $46.63. The hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.