Esri is the world leader in geographic information system (GIS) software development and believes The Science of Where can transform society by unlocking data's full potential in every organization.
We invite you to use your deep understanding of the federal civilian industry and experience with geospatial technology to become an integral part of the account team driving efforts at the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), where GIS and location intelligence are foundational. You’ll join a highly-skilled group of sales and enablement services professionals and solution engineers who collaborate with existing customers to identify new and innovative ways of using ArcGIS technology across all levels of the organizational value chain. You also have the opportunity to help current teams modernize their efforts and new users discover the value that GIS can bring to them and their community.
We’re looking for individuals who are customer oriented and collaborative team players who enjoy leading and implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges USDA faces. You’ll work closely with a team that helps our customers take advantage of capabilities that help them streamline systems and workflows; use geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and understanding hidden within complex business problems; and help connect the customer community to share data, apps, models, and solutions to help those they serve.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for organizations. Maintain a healthy pipeline of business growth opportunities for new and existing customers. Leverage social media to build your professional network. Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Be an expert. Clearly articulate the strength and value of Esri technology as it relates to the industry. Consistently conduct research and pursue professional development to anticipate customer needs.
- Deliver results. Successfully execute the account management and sales processes for all opportunities. Use consultative selling skills to understand the needs and business challenges of customers.
- Collaborate with your team. Leverage your domain knowledge when working with cross-divisional teams to define and execute account strategies. Be motivated and resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues. Use whiteboard sessions and other techniques to support visual storytelling.
- 3+ years of enterprise sales experience providing solutions to businesses and federal government
- Experience managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers, internal resources and customer influencers
- Understanding of account planning and opportunity strategy creation
- Advanced knowledge of US Department of Agriculture and the federal civilian industry
- Able to negotiate, present, and support visual storytelling across all levels of an organization
- Experience with insight selling methodologies, including understanding and mitigating threats
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally 25-50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of GIS, Esri technology, and the federal civilian industry as they relate to one another
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
- Knowledge of industry fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycles
Questions about our interview process? We have answers .
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today’s volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.