Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon.com, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you would like to help companies transform and innovate with the Amazon Web Services (AWS)* platform, this is your chance to make history.
The ANZ AWS Enterprise Pursuit Team, part of the Enterprise organization is seeking a Manager, to lead a Strategic Pursuits team responsible for some of the largest and most strategic customers opportunities in Australia delivering value creation, value realization, innovation and digital transformation.
The ideal candidate thrives in an ambiguous environment where they must develop, implement, and iterate on business strategies to deliver growth and positive experience for customers. This person has relentlessly high standards and operates as a business owner who understand key levers to achieve results through their team. They have a passion for people management and are at their best when they’re building, developing and guiding high-performing teams.
Key job responsibilities
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively and deliver results across cross-functional, remote and virtual teams
• Contribute to goal setting for your team to align with organizational goals.
• Contribute to business strategy development and identify the correct input metrics that drive growth and improve the end customer experience, in collaboration with cross-functional teams and other Amazon programs.
• Possess the ability to manage and deliver against complex goals where strategy is not defined. Able to make tradeoffs between short term seller needs and long term strategic investment.
• Implement and track metrics to record the success and quality of your team’s sellers. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
• Engage at the C-Level, manage multiple executive relationships, align against customers processes,
• Build and cultivate strong relationships with members of your team’s, build and run large teams with internal stakeholders; be a trusted advisor and a business advocate.
• Monitor customer satisfaction results to investigate both positive and negative feedback trends. Establish improvement plans and manage expectations with sales leader, work as leader in the Enterprise team
• Use customer feedback, market growth trends, and analyze key metrics to contribute to strategic development of features and programs that accelerate customer’s growth and improve their experience working with Amazon. Spot areas of unnecessary process or inefficiencies and work to simplify.
• Identify, optimize, and scale improvements that can benefit a large set of customers, e.g. driving efficiencies through tools and processes, simplifying SOPs, etc., working across multiple organizations. Develop mechanisms to create accountability.
• Manage a team of direct reports, leading an extended AWS or Amazon team resources, prioritizing strategic initiatives and escalation support as needed.
• Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of sellers in an ever-changing business environment. Contribute to strategic plans and documents for the organization.
• Partner with external teams including Category Management, Finance, Global Account Management, and Central Support teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth.
• Manage recruiting and hiring efforts across direct team and broader organization. Coach, mentor, and develop your team.
• Performance management driving success and developing talent within the organization.
A day in the life
In this role, you will be responsible for all business and operational objectives of your Enterprise Pursuit team (direct reports which include engagement management, commercial and technology transformation specialists). You’ll drive the creation and execution of strategies to achieve business goals and collaborate across your team to explore innovative ways to identify and optimize growth levers such as building new revenue streams, operational efficiency, tech debt re-invention and Pan-Amazon engagements.
The candidate needs to be able to engage with the C-Level, build board ready business cases, drive value through partners and engage a broader Amazon team to deliver results
If you are interested in developing and implementing customer strategies that impact organisation’s at a business level, delivering digital transformation and building great team engagements, then we’re interested in talking to you!
- 5+ years managing a team of 8+ Senior Account Managers, Project Managers or Program Managers.
- 6+ years professional experience within Account Management, Sales, Vendor Management, Business Development, E-Commerce, Retail, Consulting, Business-to-Business (B2B), Sales Operations or Shared Service Operations.
- Demonstrated success managing a team with a track record of developing a high performing team.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Goal Attainment: Demonstrated success in exceeding business, territory, and/or account goals using a consultative, solutions-focused approach.
- Relationship Development: Proven track record of building and cultivating relationships with internal and external stakeholders driving resolutions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with excellent verbal and written communication.
- Data Interpretation: Experience using data to inform, report, and forecast for the purpose of making business decisions.
- Planning: Track record of developing long term business, territory, and/or account strategy with a demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple complex projects and priorities across different teams and organizations, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Aspiring: Demonstrated ability to overcome and work around problems that are inevitable in ambiguous and rapidly growing business.
- Talent management: track record of people development and performance management excellence.
- Prior experience in driving large scale Digital transformation.
- A strong understanding of AWS and/or technology as a service (Iaas, PaaS, SaaS) would be preferred but not required.
We’re passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family. This may include:
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible workplace: flexible daily working hours, we value work-life-harmony
- Amazon Employee discount on products and services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)