Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Be an entrepreneurial, cross-functional, and thought leader that builds and delivers on strategic plans that solve exciting strategic customers’ challenges and drives significant improvements to their KPIs through scaled creative and ad tech solutions.
Sizmek by Amazon, a subsidiary of Amazon Advertising, provides advertisers and agencies with solutions to create, distribute, and optimize their advertising. These solutions include ad serving, creative authoring, customized analytics, and dynamic creative optimization across web, mobile, and video. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. Sizmek has a range of strategic relationships including customers spanning direct brands, media agencies, and creative shops.
In this role you proactively engage internal cross-functional stakeholders and multiple customer types to build and implement strategic annual account plans. As a cross-functional leader you continuously drive improvements to customers’ success metrics, grow revenue from assigned accounts, ensure exceptional Advertiser and Agency engagement experiences, and facilitate knowledge exchange between existing/prospective customers and Amazon Product Management and Sizmek Operations Team members. You partner closely with Business Development, Sales, Product Management and Customer Success leaders to define a competitive service strategy that enables long term growth while also addressing customers’ every-day, immediate needs. You have direct accountability for continuously improving customer satisfaction and delivering strong results against customer, revenue and operational excellence metrics, including supporting Sales team’s up-sell and renewal efforts.
You are enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams across multiple locales. You are passionate about advertising technology. You enjoy solving complex customer problems, working effectively with cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. You have digital advertising and ad tech subject matter expertise and experience influencing senior customer and business stakeholders in a fast paced, data driven environment.
You have a strong track record of working with agencies and advertisers, possess superior interpersonal skills, and are able to earn trust with internal and external decision makers. You respond effectively to customer needs and juggling customer priorities. Finally, you are comfortable with ambiguity and possess high levels of creativity, independence, flexibility and attention to detail.
Key job responsibilities
- Own development of and work with Sizmek Operations teams to implement strategic annual account plans of Sizmek solutions that improve customers’ success metrics, and increase customers’ use of Sizmek products and services, contribute to contract renewals and create exceptional customer and Amazon team member experiences.
- Work with Amazon team members and customers to revise and re-implement annual account plans throughout the account plan year to meet customer and Amazon goals.
- Coordinate required Amazon and Partner resources to implement account plans and cross-functionally influence business and customer leaders and their reports to ensure on-time completion of solutions in account plans.
- Communicate account plan progress and revisions with internal stakeholders and customers via quarterly and annual business reviews and ad hoc communications.
- Perform semi-structured interviews with customers to collect data on changes to customers’ success metrics and customer experience as a result of solutions implemented in account plans.
- Consult with Product and Program Management and Sizmek Operations teams to analyze data from semi-structured interviews and other data sources to support the creation and refinement of solutions catalogs.
- Commercialize and implement relevant solutions from provided solutions catalogs into account plans.
- Mature relationships with senior customer and Amazon leaders as trusted advisors and facilitate customer and Amazon team member conversations globally for Sizmek operations teams.
- Mentor and coach Sizmek operations team members to proactively and strategically engage customers.
- Support the evolution and scale of the Account Management team by contributing to and implementing change management requirements.
- Support Sizmek Account Executives and Business Development in the acquisition of new customers by coordinating Sizmek ops resources to vet and exchange relevant knowledge with customer prospects and adding strategic value to deals by developing draft account plans.
- Synthesize and prepare business and customer feedback for Program and Product Management teams.
- Resolve account-level priority ad-hoc support.
A day in the life
You develop and program manage annual account plans that deliver what our customers need first and propel our business forward. Your strategies set out account achievements and include metrics that define success. You work with sales and customer leadership to identify what solutions provide the most customer value and with our Customer Success team to to meet customers’ day to day technical needs. You identify opportunities to support sales team’s efforts to up-sell existing customers and work with the business development and sales teams to activate new business, ensuring customers sign up and find success with our technology.
- 6+ years of experience in digital advertising and client facing roles with a focus on data analysis
- Experience with annual brand planning and media planning
- 5+ years of experience managing advertising customers (agencies and or direct brands)
- 3+ years of cross-functional leadership, consulting or stakeholder management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Entrepreneurial mentality and ability to synthesize successful strategies from multiple perspectives
- Strong persuasion, communication and project/program management skills with the ability to accelerate outcomes across multiple stakeholders
- Conversational technical and developed business acumen with the ability to translate between both communication competencies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.