UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
The primary role of the Optum Serve Information Technology (OSIT) Technology Business Relationship Manager is to establish and maintain a strategic partnership between technology and business teams which results in optimal delivery of IT services. The result enables new and expanding business capabilities through the adoption of new technologies by business users and ultimately our customers. The relationship manager grows business segment relationships by delivering attentive, relationship-based support on the entire program/portfolio of technology related projects, initiatives, and services. This leader takes accountability on behalf of the technology team to drive action and resolve problems for the business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serves as primary liaison between business segment C-Suite, contract leaders, and OSIT in close partnership with the product owner team
- Delivers superior relationship management utilizing a high-touch, client centric approach focused on collaboration and communication
- Serves as a consultant in strategic planning with assigned business partners, leveraging expertise and understanding of technology competencies to provide analysis and recommendations
- Monitors financials to ensure budget compliance, identifies variances, and advises business and technology leaders
- Prepares and reviews technology performance, KPIs, and other metrics with their aligned business leader
- Serves as the primary line of communication between business/contract leaders and the application support team and/or war-room teams when issues arise, and attends incident review meetings
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in assigned business/contract area and associated IT capabilities that support assigned area
- Serves as a single point of escalation and communication for complex technical issues, problems, and solutions
- Facilitates communication and planning for scheduled upgrades, downtime, etc.
- Coordinates nonstandard technology requests, information requests, etc.
- Gathers and provides budget and forecast information for all OSIT costs
- Partners with product owner in demand forecasting activities
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group’s contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86 (PDF), (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate Degree
- 5+ years of experience in internal or external customer engagement and managing customer expectations and feedback
- 5+ years of experience working in an enterprise-level information technology organization
- 5+ years of experience working in a technology organization using agile software development practices
- 3+ years of experience working with a budgeting/forecasting process, including capital planning
- Master’s Degree (MA, MS, MBA, or other Graduate Degree)
- 2+ years of experience managing people
- 2+ years of experience working with matrixed teams/team members
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Thorough understanding of scorecards, dashboards, service level agreements, key performance metrics, and other standard business measures
- Solid consultative/client facing skills
- Ability to speak and write clearly and effectively even when relaying complex information
- Ability to drive, influence, and deliver on identified service or infrastructure improvements that will meet business needs
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff as part of interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to adjust presentation style and language based on the audience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.