Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
As a member of our Supply Chain team, you will make a daily impact on the lives of others. Apply today and you will get a chance to work with high-functioning, driven people who all have the same mission of making healthcare better. Plus, we have an award-winning culture and were recently named one of the World’s Best Workplace by Fortune!
The Associate Buyer is responsible for purchasing activities for assigned portfolio to ensure a high level of customer service. The role will interface daily with suppliers in ensuring that we have procured the right amount of finished goods or materials from the supplier and will mitigate and adjust requirements based on weekly planning reviews from supply planning. The role will work alongside Supply Planners, production scheduling and raw material planners in the organization. The role has no direct people responsibility.
- Maintain master data set up in the transactional systems, including supplier lead time, supplier details, product details and replenishment methodology (MOQS)
- Communicate forecast requirements to the supply base for finished goods and/or for components and materials.
- Ensuring all POs are placed accordingly to the rules as agreed with the Account Lead
- Responsible for the execution and communication of safety stock levels required for raw materials/finished goods to the supply base.
- Review data from the supplier in terms of accuracy and ensure the information is aligned with the supplier agreement and complies with the Stryker system of record.
- Act as the first line of contact with suppliers and inform key stakeholders of adjustments to daily or weekly requirements based on the latest supply net requirements.
- Work cross-functionally to support Stryker initiatives and support activities to improve business processes
- Report supplier performance based on standard metrics, prepare and monitor supplier scorecards
- Communicate phase in/out of new finished goods or raw materials into the organization and ensure timing has been agreed and change is being executed to the agreement
- Prepare weekly status reports for the demand and supply execution process
- Track and manage KPIs including on time and in full delivery (OTIF), material lead time compliance, PO compression days, PPV, past due invoices and PO’s
- Ensure compliance with applicable quality and regulatory requirements
Professional Requirements Required:
- Degree level in Business/Engineering/Supply Chain management
- Proficient in written and spoken English. Second language may be required, depending on supplier base
Background Experience Required:
- Entry level Graduate may be considered for role
- Familiarity with ERP systems ie SAP, Oracle, JDE
- Experience in MS Office applications, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Previous experience in supplier relationship management
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com