The Boeing Company
At Boeing, you can contribute to work that matters.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. Weâ€™re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thatâ€™s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Come join Boeing Mobility and Surveillance for the unique opportunity to work on the next generation Presidential Aircraft (VC-25B).Â At Boeing, our engineers use their expertise to create innovative next generation capabilities for a wide variety of amazing aerospace platforms and products.Â In joining this program, you will be part of an outstanding team of technical designers & engineers making history as we shape this one of a kind next generation Aircraft.
The Boeing Defense Space & Security VC-25B (747-8) Electrical Design and Integration IPT is looking for VC-25B Wiring Senior Manager (level L) in Tukwila, WA or San Antonio, TX.Â The Wiring manager will be responsible for leading employees and first-level managers performing engineering and technical activities in the areas of Electronic and Electrical Engineering.Â They will develop and carries out plans and provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Manages employees performing engineering and technical activities in the areas of Electrical Design Integration. This could include one or more of the following skills:Â Wire Design, Wire Installation, Bonding & Grounding, and EWIS Certification.Â
- Leads employees performing engineering and technical activities in the areas of Electrical Design Integration. This could include one or more of the following skills:Â Wire Design, Wire Installation, Bonding & Grounding, and EWIS Certification.Â
- Develops and carries out project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals.
- Identifies and acquires resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, team members, peers, and partners.
- Provides guidance and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees.ÂAbility to influence and steer team members not in direct chain of command
- Directs daily operations of the team
This position is expected to be 100% onsite.Â The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requiresÂthe ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance post start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience in advising and influencing managers or non-managers to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational problems.
- 3+ years of experience collaborating or interfacing with senior and executive leadership.
- 3+ years of experience leading or managing technical teams and/or projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or technical field.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Prior EDI, Wiring, and/or ECAT experience desired.
- Knowledge of the entire Electrical Value stream (requirements development thru design & integration, release, Fabrication, installation, certification, and post production customer support) is a plus.Â
- Prior experience as a cost account manager desired
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Â
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.