Paper is one of the fastest growing companies in ed tech. We’re shaping the future of education.
Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
Paper is looking for a Statewide Key Accounts Manager to join the Customer Success team. As Manager, you will be a coach and strategic planner for your team of Senior Customer Success Managers. You will also help optimize customer journey processes for key customer accounts. By collaborating cross-functionally with Onboarding, Operations, and Marketing, you will ensure that Paper delivers exceptional client outcomes for all key customer accounts.
As a customer-focused company, Paper places importance on understanding the compelling needs and problems facing our customers. By helping address these problems, you will drive revenue retention and growth across your team’s customer base.
This position can be located in anywhere in the United States.
- Retain and grow the revenue for key customer accounts, owning renewal and gross revenue retention of your team’s customer base.
- Lead the Statewide Key Accounts team and ensure that each individual contributor is successful.
- Work with your team to develop success plans for their customers, outlining how Paper will address their critical needs both immediately and in the future.
- Train, mentor, and develop your team, helping provide clear career pathways for each member.
- Conduct periodic customer assessments and review customer health scores with your team.
- Drive the team towards key performance metrics.
- Collaborate with Paper’s Onboarding, Technical Implementation, and Marketing teams to set every customer up for success on Paper.
- Partner with the Sales organization to engage in pre-sales activities for high-value opportunities.
- Contribute to the overall vision and strategy of Paper’s Customer Success organization.
- Anticipate customer’s future needs and requirements by serving as the customer’s voice internally to the entire Paper organization.
- 5+ years of customer success experience, preferably within a fast-growing SaaS organization
- 5+ years of experience leading a team, preferably within SaaS
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- A proven track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing long-term software solutions
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Excellent ability to build trust and rapport with a customer success team
- Ability to be challenged and challenge team members to achieve team goals
- Proactive interest to increase customer happiness and deepen customer relationships
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Proven record of creating and maintaining business partnerships and relationships
- Proven “do-er” mentality with a hands-on, passionate, curious, persistent approach and the grit to get things done
- Bachelor’s degree required
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board – our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn’t able to pass on any calls/ emails our way – and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.