At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything they do.
Schwab Advisor Services, a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology, and practices management to registered independent advisory firms (RIAs). It provides access to sophisticated wealth management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete, and succeed in their business efforts. Schwab Advisor Services serves over 15,000 independent advisory firms who custody approximately $3.5 trillion of asset with Schwab. Schwab Advisor Family Office is a highly specialized offering to an exclusive group of family office firms including some of the fastest growing multi-family offices and professionally run single family offices.
The Family Office Relationship Manager of Schwab Advisor Family Office is central to the successful experience and providing value-add services to all family office firms. With deep expertise in serving family offices and ultra-high net worth families, the individual will have broad impact in direct relationships with family offices working in close collaboration with the service organization and other strategic business partners across the Schwab enterprise.
What you are good at
- Direct relationship management accountability to both single family offices and multi-family offices in a specific region. Serve as the primary relationship manager for single family offices while partnering in a team-based model with Advisor Services relationship manager for multi-family offices.
- Retain, grow and deepen relationships with both single and multi-family offices to increase engagement around the full-service offering and drive new assets to Schwab. Develop and execute strategic plans for each relationship.
- Create new business opportunities and referrals from multiple sources including existing clients, internal and external business partners, and other centers of influence.
- Through effective discovery and ongoing relationship development, achieve a deep level of understanding of client needs. Navigate and optimize Schwab’s extensive resources and third-party relationships to curate solutions for a variety of complex requests.
What you have
- Deep knowledge about the ultra-high net worth client and family office industry with a proven track record of developing and growing client relationships.
- Direct background and experience in relationship management from a private bank, wirehouse, direct provider, registered investment advisor or family office.
- A consultative approach to serving clients coupled with sharing best practices and thought leadership.
- A “people-first” approach to the organizational environment to contribute, help motivate and inspire other team members to bring out our collective best. A genuine approach to collaboration and teamwork to achieve desired outcomes for each other, our clients and the firm.
- Ability to learn and become an expert on Schwab tools, products, and service offerings.
- Understanding of the key issues and trends for family offices. Proactively leverage ideas, insight, and relationships to improve the experience of UHNW clients and family offices.
- Knowledge on complex topics important to UHNW clients and family offices, such as tax, alternative investments, estate planning, restricted stock, complex accounts, managed accounts, trusts, philanthropy, risk management, life insurance, lending, and asset safety.
- Preference to work as a contributing member of a high-performance team beyond individual contributions.
- High-achiever with entrepreneurial spirit – motivated to add value beyond functional role to a fast- growing specialized family office business.
- Passion for learning, professionalism, positivity and strong work ethic with a high level of integrity.
- Strong executive presence
- Agility to excel in a dynamic environment managing a wide range of priorities.
- 10+ years of UHNW or family office client-facing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, or related area is preferred
- MBA, CFP, CPA/PFS, CPWA, or JD a plus
- Active and valid FINRA Series 7 & 63 required
Target Total Compensation – 139,200-278,300
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281 .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.