Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it – we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies.We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for leading the acquiring, business development and client management efforts for our top acquiring technology partner relationships in support of our digital payments strategy facilitating e-commerce, mobile, card present and integrated payments
- Serves as the subject matter expert for assigned portfolio. Ensures execution of projects with department wide impact.
- Technology partners include payment gateways, payment facilitators, Marketplaces, web-based platform providers, shopping cart providers, integrated software vendors and any technical solution providers.
- Responsibilities include establishing and growing relationships with key technical partners to maximize card acceptance, create transaction volume growth and market-share improvement, ensure consistent implementation of Discover Global Network value added products and services, execute on strategic initiatives to broaden the acceptance footprint.
- Consult with client facing teams within Discover and other internal business partners to help support client needs regarding all technical aspects of acceptance, card-present, contactless, e-commerce and digital payments.
- Serve as an internal resource and subject matter expert on the assigned technology partners and overall digital payments industry.
How You’ll Do It
- Serve as the strategic liaison between Discover and assigned enablement technology partner(s) by maintaining relationships with decision-makers across all divisions of the assigned partner.
- Partner internally and externally to identify, develop and implement new business opportunities.
- Ensure partners maintain acceptance and product offerings.Ensure these partners enable all Discover Global Network cards and that all appropriate Discover products and services are a part of their offering.
- Manage payment and potential payment partner lists including research, engagement, and validation of technology partners.
- Validate and support technical functionality, develop certification strategy; where applicable, with assigned technology partners.
- Present and execute marketing and promotional initiatives to increase transactions, grow market-share and improve merchant stated awareness.
- Develop and implement operational initiatives and ensure full compliance with Discover Network’s Change Release process, compliance and business practices.
- Leverage industry knowledge and experience to drive sales, accelerate business results and build and win new acceptance.
- Maintain data integrity in Salesforce system.
- Be available to travel roughly 25%-30% of the time, including overnight.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, finance, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in business development, sales, relationship management, strategy, or related
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in business development, sales, relationship management, strategy, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Master’s degree in business, marketing, finance, or related field
- Ability to leverage industry and technology knowledge and experience to accelerate business results with senior level contacts of assigned technology partners
- Exceptional relationship management and consultative sales skills and proven experience building deep and influential relationships with key stakeholders, executive level clients and internal business partners
- Broad payments industry experience and knowledgeable about acquiring industry and key business functions: planning, strategy, marketing, finance, operations, etc.
- Proven ability to produce and deliver influential presentations to senior level audiences (internal & external)
- Strong project management, business analysis, strategic thinking, interpersonal and communication skills
- A proven track record of driving acceptance, growth, and engagement by developing and executing acquirer focused sales & business development strategies.
- Consultative Selling and Win Partnership Mindset
- Ability to work independently in a home office environment
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.