- Culinary Intern, FLIK / Vanguard / Malvern, PA - Vanguard, SK - Malvern, PA
- Culinary Intern, FLIK / Vanguard / Malvern, PA - Malvern, PA
- Front of House Manager in Training, FLIK / Vanguard / Malvern, PA - Vanguard, SK - Malvern, PA
- Front of House Manager in Training, FLIK / Vanguard / Malvern, PA - Malvern, PA
- FOOD SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER (FULL-TIME) - Malvern, PA
The Vanguard Group is one of the world’s largest investment companies, advising clients and the general public on savings, investment, retirement, personal finance, the economy, and much more.
The ESM Help Desk serves as the entry point into ESM for all buying requests, responding to inquiries, and ensuring the most compliant buying channel is used. What started as a ‘test and learn’ pilot has evolved to become a key capability in ESM. This cross functional team understands procurement broadly, and helps ensure our buying channels are optimized, getting the right transaction to the right channel. This role is ideal for someone who is focused on optimizing the client experience, is focused on transactional excellence, and is innovative and influential to evolve the way we procure goods and services from third parties.
In this role you will
- Support the procurement requisition process, contract release (e.g. PO creation) and contract pull functions.
- Verify financial coding on all incoming procurement requests
- Recommend system and process enhancements, and tests elevations as needed.
- Respond to client inquiries regarding all facets of contracting and procurement in a timely manner with superior client relationship management skills
- Generate and distributes management reporting according to established procedures/deadlines.
- Serve as subject matter expert on Vanguard financial approval policy, authorized signers policies, and procurement policies and is able apply policies to real-world situations with internal Vanguard stakeholders
- Collect and analyzes procurement and sourcing data and outputs using industry best practice approaches. Audit and interprets data trends.
- Identify and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure adequate instruction and technical support. Communicate procurement and sourcing policies and organizes complex data in an easy to understand manner.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes
- Minimum of three years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
- Strong relationship management, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Operational excellence and execution to meet/exceed services levels with high quality
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects concurrently.
- Previous experience using Oracle is a bonus
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.