wellsfargo Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified community-based financial services company with a vision to satisfy customer’s financial needs and help them succeed financially.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as ‘Personal Cell’ or ‘Cellular’ in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
The Senior Wealth Strategist plays a significant role in deepening and broadening relationships with existing clients, as well as developing/bringing new client relationships of generally above $10mm in relationship balances into Wealth Management.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with relationship managers during the consultative process with clients and prospects, and also assists with overall client discovery
- Work alongside the relationship manager to assess goals, objectives, and current situation of clients and prospects through a discovery process to determine the most appropriate planning offering
- Focus on cash flow analysis, insurance analysis, education funding analysis, executive compensation issues and stock option analysis, asset allocation analysis, income tax planning, charitable planning, business succession, asset protection, and estate and wealth transfer planning
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to promote Wealth Planning both internally and externally.
- Prioritize consulting and interactions with advisors to serve their most important clients.
- Provide support as a subject-matter expert to clients, relationship managers and/or advisors around Wealth Planning content, services and solutions.
- Deliver Wealth Planning advice during client meetings to enable relationship managers and/or advisors to independently implement Wealth Planning advice to other clients.
- Responsible for setting the Advice & Planning framework in a geography, in alignment with scalable Wealth Planning advice.
- Focus on largest and most complex clients.
- Adhere to all planning and risk protocols and procedures.
- 5+ years of Wealth Planning experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 10 years comprehensive financial planning experience with HNW clients
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree, active CPA designation, or active CFP certification highly preferred
- 10 years of estate planning experience with HNW clients
- Advance degree and/or professional designations such as CFP or Masters in Taxation
- Professional network and local market knowledge in location and location markets
- FINRA registration including Series 7 and 66 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Deep experience with clients in the $20+ million Net Worth segment
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite may also be required
Registration for FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 (or 63 and 65) must be completed within a 90 or 180-day time period contingent upon number of license(s) needed if not immediately available to transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted. This will be communicated at time of offer acceptance
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.