Mattel creates innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain, and develop children through play.
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel is seeking an Associate Manager, Digital Engagement Operations to be a part of an account management team. This individual will be a centralized brand point-of-contact between the Digital Engagement Group (DEG) and key brands within the Mattel portfolio. This position will support the overarching cross-functional process from strategy to execution and set appropriate expectations with stakeholders at every stage. They will work closely with digital platform specialists, digital strategists, and cross-functional teams across key brands as an expert generalist that makes all the work better.
What Your Impact Will Be:
90%: Cross-functional lead
- Partner with Sr Manager, Digital Engagement Operations to convert the strategic road map for servicing the portfolio of brands into achievable milestones.
- Work closely with DEG, media, marcom and cross-functional brand teams to shepherd digital-first projects from brief to completion, ensuring work aligns with established strategy, goals, and global needs.
- Guide digital specialists with the support of your team lead in collaborative working sessions to deepen team integration, drive innovation and eliminate barriers to execution.
- Build and strengthen relationships between DEG and cross-functional teams across select brands within the portfolio.
- Collaborate with DEG & Media team leads to build and execute workflows and documentation necessary to provide progress transparency and momentum toward assigned goals.
- Support digital strategists in project management of recurring and special projects to scale digital effectiveness
- Aid your team lead in designing and present recurring updates that showcase progress toward brand goals, roadblocks, opportunities, and resources needed to execute or improve on assigned tasks.
- Work with your team lead on assigned areas of responsibility.
- Partner with the team lead in communicating and project-managing cross-functional asks.
- Work with DEG team to understand global priorities, strategic mission and vision, and KPIs.
- Role needed to provide oversight of project direction, pace, and output to ensure success of global digital-first campaigns.
10%: Evolving the Business
- Support Sr Manager, Digital Engagement Operations on operations projects and account management best practices and methodologies.
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of work experience overseeing a portfolio of social/digital-first clients or accounts.
- 2+ years in cross-functional process leadership and development.
- Understanding of brand and creative development.
- Proficiency in crafting and delivering concise and actionable presentations (e.g., PowerPoint)
- Agency experience.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple groups during nebulous briefs, working toward multiple goals.
- Experience with COPPA, CARU and GDPR a plus.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled remote work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.