Uber is changing how people think about transportation, part of the logistical fabric of 600+ cities. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, Uber gives people what they want when they want it.
About the role
The City Manager is a people manager who will lead commercial efforts across Sellers and Account Managers.
This individual drives the commercial strategy within our largest and highest potential cities, making commercial decisions to help us against our goal of winning selection street by street and geo by geo. City Managers own the results of all sides of the marketplace – not just selection but also experience and the role is 80% commercial work and 20% Ops work.
What You’ll Do
• Lead team of Sellers and Account Managers to drive commercial strategy and priorities
• Provide hands-on coaching for a team to ensure they meet and exceed monthly target business goals
• Assess individual performance through observation and measurement, and suggest corrective actions as needed
• Incubate new territory sellers to ramp to strong commercial productivity and overall business knowledge, and share feedback on individual performance with new hire managers
• Make decisions to provide the best selection and experience within your territory
• Own performance of all sides of the market (merchant, courier, and eater)
• Build vision and strategy for winning in your city
• Lead new sellers onboarding program from day 1 through graduation of ramp period
• Work directly with leadership to understand and establish the OKRs and goals for sales team
• Exceed monthly sales targets/goals and successfully complete all activities that drive revenue generation
• Implement strategic sales coaching, planning, and forecasting as determined by leadership
• Create and lead territory-specific sales training initiatives, and collaborate with Sales Ops and Enablement teams as is relevant
• 4+ years of work experience across operations, sales, or account management
• Experience being a leader among peers, influencing cross-functional partners and setting an example for others
• An entrepreneurial mindset, passion for building things, working towards a shared goal, and ownership of outcomes
• Experience working closely and communicating effectively with diverse set of stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment