Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated technical manager to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects.
Are you passionate about helping Companies use cloud computing to develop and deploy large scale applications? Our team has a unique combination of entrepreneurship experience, deep technical expertise, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills?
You will help develop the industry’s best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution focus, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. This team will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS services within a broad range of AWS customers in France.
This is a management position for someone who can build teams quickly, establish relationships and set strategy at a senior level within AWS, measure and deliver results, and also get hands-on to help build complex, AWS-optimized architectures.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role.
You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as account management, service teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
The ideal candidate has experience building and leading distributed teams of senior architects or solutions architects at large enterprises. Customer-facing experience is required, ideally from having worked as a Solutions Architect or similar role for several years. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required, provided you have experience working in complex environments.
Key job responsibilities
- As a key member of the business development and account management teams, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects
- Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many technical sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
- Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
About the team
This role is part of the French Solutions Architecture organization and will be within Consumers segment which encompass: Media & Entertainment, CPG and Travel & Hospitality
- 5+ years of experience leading and growing teams of senior technology professionals
- 10+ years of experience in IT
- Fluent in both French and English (written & verbal communication)
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to speak in public and in front of an audience is required
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
- Experience in any these industries : Media and Entertainment
- Technical degree; Computer Science, Engineering or Math background highly appreciated
- Understanding of AWS and/or Public and Hybrid Cloud is preferred but not required
Experience in public speaking to large audiences
History of successful complex relationships and work in a team environment
Experience architecting, migrating or transforming customer solutions to the cloud
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS or another cloud platform
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.