Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
About Snr Technical Account Manager
As an increasing number of large enterprises move their critical systems to the cloud, we are in need of high-powered technical leaders to help our largest customers navigate the operational challenges of cloud computing. You will work one-on-one with our top-tier customers, supporting the software development lifecycle for cloud services, operations management of active services, and business relationships with AWS.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon Web Services within organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. You must possess customer-facing skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available only in the cloud.
As a Snr Technical Account Manager, you will be the primary operational point of contact for one or more customers, helping to plan, review, and oversee ongoing operations of business critical applications. You will leverage your broad experience, troubleshooting application, network, database, and architectural challenges using the suite of internal AWS tools as well as your existing knowledge and toolkits. You will work across customer organizations to ensure customers’ applications are well designed and scale to the needs of the world’s largest events e.g., the Super Bowl, the World Cup and the Olympics. In this role, you will also act as the voice of the customer within AWS to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Champion and advocate for Enterprise customers within Amazon Web Services (be their voice)
• Solve technical issues and work directly with AWS engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
• Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Help Enterprise customers define IT and business processes that work well with cloud deployments
• Engage with Director and C-Level executives to translate business needs into technical and operational plans
• Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed prelaunch planning
• Analyze and present operational reviews to customer leadership
• 10+ years design/implementation/operations/consulting experience with distributed applications
• Experience managing large scale environments including escalations, incident, problem, and service availability
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Customer-facing experience as a technical lead
• Exceptional customer focus and bias for action
• Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
• Travel to client locations as needed
• Fluent in both Mandarin and English
Broad experience and technical breadth, understanding of 2-4 technical domains are required:
• Linux system administration and troubleshooting (Windows experience is a plus.)
• Network protocols and troubleshooting (Layer 4 Layer 7 knowledge is a must)
• Operations Management
• Internet technologies including HTTP, SMTP, DNS, TLS/SSL, SSH, VPN etc.
• Service Oriented Architecture
• Experience in at least one domain as following: Database, Big Data, Container, Security, Edge, Devops, AI
• Software design, development and deployment
• Internet Content distribution network.
• Scripting / Automation
• IT Security
• 12+ years IT/Technical Industry experience
• Experience with AWS service offering
• Passing AWS certifications is a plus
• Experience working directly with Enterprise customers
• Technical Program Management experience
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
• Strong written communication skills; this role will require the creation of content such as whitepapers and other written deliverables
• Coding experience and knowledge of development methodologies in the internet industry.
• Developing or administration experience on Big Data/Hadoop
• Large scale and highly distributed environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team. #AWSGCR
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.