Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
From Airbnb to Zalando, the world’s top startups build on AWS. We offer the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 175 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers – including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies – are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
AWS Germany is looking for a new team member who enables and develops growth-/late-stage technology startups. You will be at the heart of latest trends like artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), serverless or Internet-of-Things (IoT). Your startup customers leverage AWS to innovate and become the next unicorns and future enterprises, like today’s Personio, Spryker, TIER and DeliveryHero.
In this role, you engage with technology startups and enable them to grow their business through leveraging AWS. You are responsible to build close executive relationships and create comprehensive account plans to drive AWS adoption. You understand the importance of communicating and acting on all levels from CxOs to engineers to empower them to innovate and accelerate time-to-market. Along the way, you team up with various internal and external stakeholders to meet and exceed your goals, such as the Solutions Architecture, Business Development, Partner, Training, and Support teams.
You are passionate about technology startups and a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit who is prepared to work in a fast-paced environment, execute against ambitious goals and consistently embrace the Amazon Culture.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure customer satisfaction and success
- Drive business growth and AWS adoption with a defined set of customers
- Create and execute against comprehensive, customer-centric account plans to exceed your goals
- Facilitate long-term relationships from C-level to engineers
- Accelerate your business by working with internal stakeholders and leveraging external partners
- Articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services and Amazon
- Represent AWS at conferences & marketing events
- Expect moderate travel
- Several years of technology related sales, business development or consulting experience
- Track record in customer acquisition roles like inside sales or demand generation
- Profound insights into the startup ecosystem, the main stakeholders and trends
- Strong verbal and written communications in English and German
- BA/BS degree
- MBA/MA/MS degree
- Experience in driving adoption of new technologies and solutions
- Worked at/with tech startups in the past
- Previous Cloud expertise at a technology company
- Prior experience of working abroad/internationally
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.