BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
As a Regional Account Manager for the Modern Mass Market Channel, reporting directly to our Field Sales Manager, you will be in charge of developing the business within the sales area.
- Manages a defined list of customers and wholesalers within the Modern Mass Market Channel;
- Sets up commercial objectives and business plans per customer and defines clearly commercial budgets;
- Implements the standard actions and promotions and sets up a challenging promotional plan;
- Identifies customer needs and opportunities based on a clear market & customer analysis ;
- Negotiates product ranges (gets new listings and develops existing product selections) within defined limits of discretion and fully in line with the sales policy and establishes commercial agreements;
- Processes orders through CRM for permanent ranges and promotional offers;
- Focuses on establishing working relationships with existing customers and develops the distribution of BIC products in line with the BIC sales policy;
- Monitors customer budgets as Year End Rebate and COOP through the IT Sales tools;
- Optimizes internal communication with other departments as Marketing, BDM and Customer Service;
- As product specialist, advices local buyers and buying groups about our assortments, market figures and trends, competitors, etc. and provides them professional support on their category development;
- Gathers information related to the customer reaction and our competitors; feedbacks this information towards colleagues in other departments as Marketing, BDM and Customer service: be alert to changes in the local market and signals of end users, customers, buyers and the activities of the competitors;
- Works following a personal routing plan in line with the cycle planner as agreed with the line manager and based on the “BIC Italy Field Sales Model” (= minimum number of visits per day, mention individual agreed targets; weekly planning system and daily reporting method through Xtel);
- Ensures 4 days out of 5 full time presence on the field.
- University Degree
- Minimum 2 years’ sales experience in FMCG industry
- Driving License B
- Business and result oriented with proven negotiation skills and strong relationship building attitude
- Able to implement clear sales & marketing plans and to set up dedicated promotions in line with group policy
- Strong analytical skills
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.