Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Location is flexible anywhere in the contiguous United States, however access to a major airport is required for travel purposes.
Are you interested in working with Public Sector organizations and technology solutions providers serving the Public Sector market as they navigate through some of the most dynamic and disruptive transformation projects in their organization’s history? Does the prospect of empowering these organizations cloud transformation success by aligning professional services to critical business and IT outcomes, overseeing and assessing engagement delivery, driving a holistic partner strategy and providing insight to accelerate rate of execution/adoption of cloud technology excite you?
AWS Professional Services (ProServe) is a strategic enabler for customer success, helping customers to envision the possible and accelerate new capabilities that bring value to the enterprise. We operate across a broad scope of projects for our customers, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and unrelenting focus on customer success.
The AWS ProServe team (Education and State & Local Government focus) is seeking a Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) that can be a technical thought leader and guide our customers through their cloud transformation journey, focusing on identifying and delivering technical and business outcomes through a combination of AWS Services & AWS ProServe. The CDA is responsible for partnering with ProServe leadership, Solution Architects, and Account teams to dive deep into customers’ challenges and collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a specific set of outcomes that would result from a formal Professional Services engagement. The CDA is a key contributor in achieving a high-value, predictable, and successful delivery through their involvement in customer engagements. This role includes a unique combination of strong technical and business acumen, demonstrating both hands-on building and understanding the customer’s business model to align their vision with AWS.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for someone who is invested in:
• Driving transformational outcomes through effective leadership across customer teams, AWS account teams, AWS product development, and partners
• Leading deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Building and fostering deep relationships with senior technical leadership within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Supporting pre-sales activities through working with platform sales teams, solutions architecture, business development, Area Practice Managers, and other internal/external stakeholders as required
The position requires domestic travel to customer sites as needed.
7+ years of experience in a technical consulting or advisory role
• 7+ years of engineering or enterprise architecture experience in infrastructure architecture, DevOps, databases/big data, software development, systems engineering, and/or networking
• 5+ years of proposal support, estimating and scoping
• Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Computer Science or IT related field highly desired); or equivalent experience
Proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects and/or IT consulting experience as technical leader in customer-facing role
• Experience in running complex projects and/or building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud and/or operating solutions built on AWS
• Demonstrates ability to adapt to new cloud technologies and learn quickly
• Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively across internal and external organizations with Executives, IT Management, and Developers
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.