Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Would you like to be part of a team focused on helping increase the adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) across EMEA? AWS offers an innovative and motivating environment where you will have the exciting opportunity to advance in your career, help drive the growth of AWS customers, and help shape the future of an emerging cloud technology. Do you have the business savvy, organization skills and ability to collaborate across multiple business owners to help establish Amazon Web Services as the premier cloud provider?
We are seeking an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Optimization Specialist with the business and technical acumen to collaborate across multiple business owners, in order to drive successful IT transformation and cloud adoption. Be part of a team focused on working with customers to ensure they’re leveraging the full economic potential of AWS through cloud financial management. As an Optimization Specialist, you will have the opportunity to engage and consult with some of the largest and fastest growing cloud customers in the world.
Cost and operational effectiveness is key to accelerating the business and technological benefits of the AWS platform. AWS offers customers an alternative consumption model that differs from how businesses have traditionally bought IT, by focusing on paying only for what they need. We’re looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who’s passionate about working directly with customers to help adopt new business strategies and embrace cloud technologies at scale that ensure long-term customer success.
You will engage with customers’ Enterprise IT, Operations, and Finance teams to implement best practices for cloud adoption and cost savings. This will include generating and providing recommendations on how customers can optimize their usage of AWS services, working to reengineer internal processes, and ensuring customer success on AWS. You will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytic insight, and be a passionate advocate for AWS customers. You will analyze large data sets, create financial models and simplify complex data to provide our customers with detailed, specific recommendations for implementing best practices for cloud adoption and cost savings. You must be comfortable working directly with customers, possess exceptional organizational skills, capable of creating simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, and thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Key job responsibilities
- Act as a financial advisor and collaborate with AWS account team, to build and deliver executive content (such as financial business case, ROI and TCO Analysis, cost optimization strategies)
- Become the subject matter expert in all cost and commercial related aspects of the customer life-cycle
- Educate and enable customers with tools to successfully manage cloud and IT spend
- Assessing reporting and analytic needs of customers and identifying solution and approach to meet those needs.
- Communicate, establish, and measure KPIs to track progress and success of transformation and optimization within customer organizations
- Manage numerous requests concurrently & strategically
- Understand and communicate billing, forecasting, and budgeting best practices
- BA/BS degree required or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of technology related sales, technical sales, enterprise cloud and/or business development
- 2+ years experience working with cloud billing or cloud operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel with the ability to analyze large data sets, create financial models and simplify complex data
- Fluency in German and English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with cloud billing systems
- Experience working with sales or in sales
- Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data backed analyses, and influencing results
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
- Fluency in another European language
- AWS Cloud practitioner certification
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.