Uber is changing how people think about transportation, part of the logistical fabric of 600+ cities. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, Uber gives people what they want when they want it.
About the Role Uber Direct is changing the way delivery is done around the world by allowing brands to leverage Uber’s fleet to offer last-mile delivery to their customers through their existing websites or apps. The Merchant Operations team is responsible for supporting both local commercial teams, regional operations and product, by creating/applying winning go to market strategies and implementing scalable solutions. As a Merchant Operations Analyst, you will help scale the business by driving continuous improvements (through both process and tech changes) and help by managing new programs/ merchant launches. You will work on operational improvements & collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to help us launch & onboard new partnerships by building scalable processes, by constantly identifying improvement opportunities.
What You’ll Do:
• Collaborate with account management teams, sales, and other teams to identify process inefficiencies, build solutions, and drive operational efficiency (e.g. centralizing repeatable processes, account strategy and growth, weekly performance reporting)
• Create new processes that enable us to launch & grow new partnerships and also provide best-in-class merchant experience!
• Identify, plan, and implement projects and root cause analyses to improve our existing processes for account management and customer programs.
• Design, implement and automate processes to run and optimize the business performance and reliability. You will autonomously build your own analyses and dashboards to measure your projects’ success
• Be an important cross-functional partner to teams working with Uber Direct (Account Management, Sales, Support, Product, Finance)
What You’ll Need:
• SQL, Python proficiency
• Passionate about being constantly challenged and going the extra mile.
• Self-driven and motivated to proactively create/drive new initiatives.
• Be comfortable in a fast paced environment with constant changes.
• Experience developing and completing project proposals (end-to-end)
• Data-driven approach to making decisions and measuring performance
• Experience in leading process and performance improvements by demonstrating usage and understanding of data and insights
• Experience working cross functionally with Sales, Account Management, and customer support teams
• Experiment and hustle to build quickly. This individual will need to identify and evaluate solutions for short and long-term operational problems
• Experience working closely and communicating effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders in a constantly evolving, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• English & Portuguese fluency
• 2+ years of professional work experience in a related field (start-up, operations, strategy, analytics, tech)
Strong Excel/Google Sheets skills Strong project management skills